Something for the kids ;-) This Saturday at the Cité Biblio...
The Secrétariat général (General Secretariat) has a staff of 30 people. It is primarily tasked with:
- handling all mail addressed to the college of aldermen and the municipal council;
- coordinating files to submit for assessment by the college of aldermen and the municipal council;
- ensuring the general coordination of activities across all municipal departments;
- providing assistance to the college of aldermen in performing its duties;
- establishing agendas for the municipal council and the college of aldermen;
- organising the sessions of the municipal council, the college of aldermen, and the consulting committees;
- maintaining the registers of the municipal council and college of aldermen;
- drafting and updating municipal regulations;
- protocol matters;
- managing the late-night opening of drinking establishments for special events.
The Département Achats en commun (Joint Procurement Department), located on the lower ground floor (level -1) of Luxembourg City Hall, is in charge of:
- the purchase, management and distribution of office furniture and equipment required for the daily tasks of the central administration departments;
- dispatching mail for the central administration;
- organising receptions in accordance with protocol;
- providing the necessary presentation equipment at the conference rooms in Luxembourg City Hall, which can be reserved in advance through its reception desk;
- monitoring lotteries authorised by the college of aldermen.
Coalition Agreement for 2017–2023
The DP and CSV members of the college of aldermen have signed a coalition agreement in which they agree to focus on the following six key priorities for 2017–20...
College of aldermen: mission statement
Document in 13 sections providing detailed information on the priorities to be addressed by the college of aldermen over the 2017–2023 term.
Late-night opening hours
Individual exemptions from the regular opening times of drinking establishments may be granted on request.
Luxembourg City's representatives in syndicates and public institutions
Social welfare office, Office social, SEBES, SICEC, SIDOR, SYVICOL, RGTP, CHL and Klimabündnis
Meeting of the municipal council of 14 December 2018
Inclusion of Rue Jules Fischer, Rue Nic. Martha and Bvd Kaltreis in the 30 km/h zone of the Bonnevoie-Sud district, and traffic and parking concept in the area ...
Meeting of the municipal council of 18 November 2019
"Wanteraktioun" and emergency shelters – Venue for athletics events following the demolition of the Josy Barthel Stadium and construction of the "Wunnquartier S...
Meeting of the municipal council of 19 November 2018
Marriage ceremonies in places other than City Hall - Sanitary facilities in Merl Park and in the playgrounds and parks of Luxembourg City - Rue Henri Vannérus c...
Meeting of the municipal council of 3 December 2018
Introduction of the new self-driving shuttle service linking the Pfaffenthal elevator and the Kirchberg funicular elevator – Fire that broke out on 14 September...
Meeting of the municipal council of 7 May 2018
Traffic in Gasperich, snow removal and salting, children's homework assistance program, pilot project for gifted children, deliveries and the heavy vehicle traf...
Meeting of the municipal council of 7 October 2019
Fire in Rousegäertchen car park – Fault at the Beggen treatment plant – Closure of the post office in Bonnevoie – Dogs in Luxembourg City – Sponsoring the city'...
Meeting of the municipal council of 8 July 2019
Interest in participating in MinettKompost - Cents-Kirchberg pedestrian bridge - Parking guidance system - Footpath to access the St George's School in Hamm - R...
Meeting of the municipal council of 9 July 2018
Plans for the old Gare police station in Rue Glesener – Future development of Kirchberg – Participatory housing – Ecole du Kiem – Foyer Scolaire on Rue Verte, C...
Meeting of the Municipal Council on 29 January 2018
Installation of concrete blocks; Safety measures - Traffic and parking problems in Rue Pierre d'Aspelt - Automobile traffic in Eicherfeld - Risk of flooding and...
Meetings of the municipal council
Dates of upcoming meetings, live streams and minutes
Since 1 January 1964, the number of members serving on Luxembourg City’s municipal council has been set at 27.
Lydie Polfer, Serge Wilmes, Simone Beissel, Patrick Goldschmidt, Colette Mart, Laurent Mosar and Maurice Bauer.
The municipal council is composed of 27 councillors and rules on all matters pertaining to the interests of the City of Luxembourg and its residents.
Municipalities are governed by a certain number of rules, as laid down by municipal laws (lois communales) and regulations (règlements communaux).
Luxembourg City's aldermen are ready to answer any questions you have about current events or to discuss any other matters you wish to take up with them.
Organisation and operation of political bodies
The municipal council is elected for a six-year term by Luxembourg City's residents and rules on all matters concerning the interests of the city and its reside...
Questions asked by municipal councillors
Any member of the municipal council may add one or more items they wish to bring before the municipal council to the agenda, which is set by the college of alde...
Every municipality in the Grand Duchy is required by law to establish a school commission.
Séance du conseil communal du 16 décembre 2020
Logement social - Fête des voisins - Indication « Vous êtes ici » sur les plans de réseau des autobus affichés sur les arrêts - Evaluation des durées de séjour ...
Séance du conseil communal du 9 décembre 2020
Jardins communautaires - Rénovation énergétique des bâtiments de la Ville - Sol de l’église Saint Alphonse - Dédommagement et moyens de soutien aux commerçants ...