#citymarketSome pictures from the first "Stater Maart" held ...
A few suggestions for reducing waste
- When shopping, use a basket rather than disposable bags.
- Choose products with returnable packaging. A returnable bottle can be reused fifty times.
- Buy eco-refills or family-size products.
- Avoid products with excess packaging.
- Avoid pre-packaged food: instead buy loose food items and sliced-to-order portions. This helps you avoid both excess packaging and buying too much food.
- Use sustainable products such as rechargeable batteries.
- Repair your defective items instead of replacing them.
- Try to use recycled or easily recyclable products.