Something for the kids ;-) This Saturday at the Cité Biblio...
The public playgrounds are designed, equipped and maintained by the Service Parcs (Parks Department) and are open to the public 24/7.
- For safety reasons, wearing bicycle helmets is prohibited on the playgrounds. For children, the dangers of wearing a bicycle helmet while playing on the playground equipment (e.g. risk of strangulation) are in fact greater than the protection afforded by wearing a helmet during a fall.
- Dogs are not allowed on the playgrounds, without exception. This includes dogs on leashes.
Luxembourg City currently has six themed playgrounds for children:
- Municipal park: maritime theme and big "Pirateschëff"
- Cents (op der Heed): airport theme
- Gasperich (jardin anglais): farm theme
- Belair (op der Schéiwiss): castle theme
- Kaltreis Park: space theme with water features
- Limpertsberg (Rue de l'Avenir): climbing & jumping theme
The main purpose of this approach is to encourage parents to explore Luxembourg City together with their children by visiting the big playgrounds scattered across the city's various neighbourhoods. In the long term, this concept will help us to further improve the quality of the city's play areas and better adapt them to different age groups.
Playgrounds in school yards are open to the public during school holidays, public holidays, and week-ends:
- summer (1 April - 31 October) from 9:00 to 22:00, and
- winter (1 November - 31 March) from 9:00 to 18:00.
Outside these hours, school yards equipped with fences are closed and locked.
Bambësch Forest playground
The playgrounds in Bambësch Forest are designed, developed and constructed in the workshop of the Service Forêts. Regular checks are carried out by an authorised inspector.
Please report any issues or damage at the playground to the Service Forêts (tel.: 4796-2565).
The hotline is available on working days from 7:30 to 15:30, and you may leave a message if there is no answer.
Please report damage and any other issues to help us maintain the high quality of our facilities:
+352 661 830 830
The hotline is available on working days from 8:00 to 16:00, and you may leave a message if there is no answer. The full official name of each playground is displayed on a sign at the entrance.
Luxembourg City has put a lot of effort into designing and building its playgrounds, not only in terms of quality and safety, but also in the choice of the themes.
Safety is a top priority and all our playgrounds comply with the applicable European standards. This is testified by the "Sécher Spillplazen" certification awarded by LC Luxcontrol ASBL to all Luxembourg City's playgrounds.
To enhance the City's overall offering of playgrounds, a number of small, isolated and less appealing playgrounds have been cleared away in favour of larger, neighbourhood playgrounds. Adapting the playgrounds to suit all age groups requires installing equipment that is better tailored to the users for which it is intended: toddlers, children and adolescents. As far as possible, multi-sport fields have been created in each district. In addition, the choice of materials used has been re-examined, in favour of more durable equipment.