Ahoy, matey! The City's model sailboats will return to the P...
Every summer, Luxembourg City organises sports weeks for young people aged 11 to 17.
- provide opportunities for boys and girls of all ages and from all social backgrounds to engage in physical and sports activities during their free time, and in so doing contribute to their overall development and well-being.
- enable young people to discover one or more new sports activities or improve their skills in a particular discipline
- create opportunities for young people to have shared experiences, make new friends, and take part in activities in a friendly environment of mutual respect between trainees and instructors.
During this programme, special attention is paid to young people's health and lifestyle (healthy exercise habits, balanced diet, drinking enough water, sleep, rest, etc.).
"Mini Sport-Wochen" for kids aged 11–12
"Mini Sport-Wochen" courses are built around sporting activities suited for kids aged 11–12. Courses include "Mini Multisports", "Mini Multisports Nautiques" and "Mini Sailing" (the Netherlands). The "Mini Maxi-Sports" course is designed to introduce younger children (aged 11–12) to the sporting activities available to older children (ages 13–17).
To cater to the growing demand from youngsters and their parents, a second "Multisports" course is now available to kids aged 11–12 in August (5 days; no overnight stays).
"S.d.S. Sport-Wochen" for youngsters aged 13–17
Sporting options for youngsters aged 13–17 include rock-climbing, mountain-biking, horse riding, martial arts, water sports, multisports, wake-boarding, "Dance Arts" and "Sportsfun on wheels" (BMX, go-karting, mountain-biking, skateboarding, etc.).
In addition to courses in Luxembourg, the City also organises "Multisports" weeks at Lake Como in Italy, "Sailing", "Surfing" and "Kitesurfing" courses in the Netherlands, and an exhilarating "Outdoor" sports course (rafting, canyoning, rock climbing, etc.) in the Ötztal Valley in Austria.
Places still available
Most of the 300 available places have been reserved and there are only a few places remaining.
- For kids aged 11–12, there are still some places remaining for the multisports courses in Luxembourg and the "mini sailing" course in the Netherlands.
- For youngsters aged 13–17, there are still some places remaining for the multisports, martial arts, dance, "multisports nautiques" and "Wake'n Sportsfun" courses in Luxembourg, and for the sailing, windsurfing and kitesurfing courses in Brouwersdam in the Netherlands.
The various sports activities are led by government-certified coaches in collaboration with a number of sports clubs from Luxembourg City and around the country.
General supervision is provided by certified coordinators (levels B & C) who have received theoretical and practical training from Luxembourg City's Service Sports. This training has been approved by the Ministry for Family Affairs and Integration (Ministère de la Famille et de l’Intégration).
Registration is open to all young people aged 11 to 17, whether or not they are residents of Luxembourg City. Fees for non-residents are, however, slightly higher than for Luxembourg City residents.
Registration forms may be sent:
- by fax, to 45 41 60,
- by e-mail, to email@example.com
- or by post, to the Service Sports at 5 Rue de l'Abattoir, L-1111 Luxembourg.
Registration forms are available at the Bierger-Center, Luxembourg City Hall, the Rocade building and the Service Sports.