In these difficult times, we all have someone we are thinkin...
Every summer, Luxembourg City organises sports weeks for young people aged 11 to 17.
- provide opportunities for boys and girls of all ages and from all social backgrounds to engage in physical and sports activities during their free time, and in so doing contribute to their overall development and well-being.
- enable young people to discover one or more new sports activities or improve their skills in a particular discipline
- create opportunities for young people to have shared experiences, make new friends, and take part in activities in a friendly environment of mutual respect between trainees and instructors.
During this programme, special attention is paid to young people's health and lifestyle (healthy exercise habits, balanced diet, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep/rest, etc.).
"Mini Sport-Wochen" for kids aged 11–12
"Mini Sport-Wochen" courses are built around sporting activities suited for kids aged 11–12. Courses include "Mini Multisports", "Mini Multisports Nautiques" and "Mini Sailing" (the Netherlands). The "Mini Maxi-Sports" course is designed to introduce younger children (ages 11–12) to the sporting activities available to older children (ages 13–17).
To cater to the growing demand from young people and their parents, a second "Multisports" course is now available to kids aged 11–12 in August (five days; no overnight stays).
"S.d.S. Sport-Wochen" for youngsters aged 13–17
Sporting options for youngsters aged 13–17 include rock-climbing, mountain-biking, horse riding, martial arts, water sports, multisports, wake-boarding, "Dance Arts" and "Sportsfun on wheels" (BMX, go-karting, mountain biking, skateboarding, etc.).
In addition to courses in Luxembourg, the City also organises "Multisports" weeks at Lake Como in Italy, "Sailing", "Surfing" and "Kitesurfing" courses in the Netherlands, and an exhilarating "Outdoor" sports course (rafting, canyoning, rock climbing, etc.) in the Ötztal Valley in Austria.
Full sports weeks (no places available)
- Mini-Multisports 1
- Mini Multisports Nautiques
- Kitesurfing Brouwersdam (NL)
- Mini Sailing Brouwersdam (NL)
- Mini-Multisports 2
The various sports activities are led by government-certified coaches in collaboration with a number of sports clubs from Luxembourg City and around the country.
General supervision is provided by certified youth coordinators (levels B & C) who have received theoretical and practical training from Luxembourg City's Service Sports. This training has been approved by the Ministry for Family Affairs and Integration (Ministère de la Famille et de l'Intégration).
Registration is open to all young people aged 11 to 17, whether or not they are residents of Luxembourg City. Fees for non-residents are, however, slightly higher than for Luxembourg City residents.
Registration forms may be sent:
- by fax, to 45 41 60,
- by email, to email@example.com
- or by post, to the Service Sports at 5, rue de l'Abattoir, L-1111 Luxembourg.
Registration forms are available at the Bierger-Center, Luxembourg City Hall, the Rocade building and the Service Sports.