#muerbelsmillen #3D Take a virtual tour of the Muerbelsmill...
cityapp – VDL, the City of Luxembourg's smartphone app, has had a makeover. With its improved functionality, it now offers a user experience that is better than ever!
The new version of app, which can be used in English, French or German, is now available to download for free. Once installed, the app will open in the same language as your phone. If you want to change the language, simply tap the gear icon in the top-right hand corner of the home screen, and then select "Language".
Here is where you can customise the app according to your preferences.
Give the home screen that personal touch by adding widgets (shortcuts) displaying information that is relevant to you, such as:
- Upcoming real-time departures of the tram and your favourite bus lines
- Number of spaces available in your favourite car parks
- Number of bikes/docking stations available at your favourite vel'OH! stations
- Pfaffenthal elevator opening hours/closures
- Upcoming waste collections
- Weekly reports on the quality of your drinking water
- Your favourite points of interest
- Ideas for things to do based on your preferences
- Real-time quality of the air you are breathing
- Current weather in the city
Long press on the widgets to arrange them to your liking, edit them, or even delete them when they are no longer needed. Push notifications can also be enabled for most of the widgets.
Go to the "Explore" tab to check out everything that the city has to offer near your location, such as upcoming events based on your preferences, points of interest, playgrounds, parks, sports facilities, museums and cultural venues, to name but a few.
And there's more to come: shops, restaurants and cafés will be added in late October 2020.
The "Transport" tab contains everything you need to know about the various ways to get around the city:
- All bus and tram lines/stops, including real-time departures
- All car parks, including real-time availability of parking spaces
- All active-travel options, including vel'OH! stations, cycle paths and cycling routes, and much more
- All of the Carloh stations and taxi ranks dotted around the city
- All information about network disruptions
Go to the home screen and you can add a widget for your favourite bus journey. This widget will then display in real time the arrival of the next bus from whichever stop on this journey is closest to your location. Not only that, you will be notified of any delays, works and detours along the route.
Finally, the "Services" tab provides you with quick access to a variety of useful information and tools:
- All City departments with an information desk and other points of interest such as public toilets and water fountains
- All the latest news
- Your waste collection schedule
- Contact forms to report an incident, request information or suggest an improvement
This tab lists all your notifications. You can also enable push notifications for each widget and receive up-to-date information about the functionality of the widget in question.