Educators and youth coordinators offer a range of activities for children, including: outdoor and indoor games, creative, artistic and sporting activities, discovery walks and workshops, theatrical events, themed programmes, and much more.
The activities begin at around 14:00 and end at 18:00. Since Aktioun Bambësch takes place during school holidays, the organisers make every effort to involve children in selecting their activities and to ensure that they have as much fun as possible.
Aktioun Bambësch takes the "learning through play" approach, which encourages adults and children to take part in games that respect children's culture, creativity and spontaneity, with a view to fostering their emotional, cognitive and social development. Aktioun Bambësch give children a safe space to explore and thrive, learning essential life skills through play.
During these activities, the children are closely supervised by specially trained youth coordinators, who themselves are overseen by educational staff from CAPEL, which belongs to the Service Foyers scolaires – CAPEL (Childcare Department – CAPEL).
- Christmas 2023: 2–5 January 2024 (registration open until 16 November 2023);
- Easter 2024: 2–5 April 2024 (registration open until 22 February 2024);
- Summer 2024: 22 July to 16 August 2024, except for the public holiday on 15 August (registration deadline: 25 May 2024)
Participation is free of charge, but for organisational reasons it is important to respect the registration deadlines. Parents are kindly asked to sign up their children using the registration form that will be available from two months before the beginning of each Aktioun Bambësch.
Placement for the 2023-2024 school year according to birth date applies for the Aktioun Bambësch programmes, which are held during the Christmas, Easter and summer breaks.
|Cycle 1.0 Précoce (early learning)||01/09/2019–31/08/2020|
Registration is now closed.
- Registration is carried out using the link above. Please note that the form is automatically sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to cancel, you must notify CAPEL by email.
- If your child is ill, they may not take part in the activities.
- An identification form (coupon 2) will be sent to you with your confirmation of registration. This form is used to identify your child during the activities they are registered for. Your child must give it to their lead coordinator on the first day they attend each activity.
- You will be informed about the bus stops, schedules and bus numbers around two weeks before the beginning of Aktioun Bambësch.
- The foyers scolaires (childcare centres) for Cycles 1.2–4.2 will be closed in the afternoons during this period.
- Incomplete or incorrectly filled-out registration forms will not be processed.
How to get there
For transport to and from Aktioun Bambësch, a special bus service will be provided. Buses to the site will depart between 13:20 and 13:40, and the children will be brought back between 18:05 and 18:50. Please be advised that these bus times are approximate and actual arrivals/departures depend on the traffic situation at the time.
On the return trip, as soon as children exit the bus, their parents or guardians are responsible for their care. Parents and guardians must be at the stop at the scheduled drop-off times to pick up children under 8 years of age. Older children can return home on their own. If you do not agree, please indicate this on coupon 2.
(Note: in some cases, the bus stop for departures and the bus stop for returns are not on the same side of the street).
You will be informed about the bus stops, schedules and bus numbers around two weeks before the beginning of Aktioun Bambësch.