#CityOpenAirCinemawithOrange Et ass nach net ze spéit fir e...
The Service Foyers scolaires (Childcare Department) is devoted exclusively to providing extracurricular care for school-age children (3-12).
It is staffed by a team of dedicated professionals who offer your children the care, guidance and support they need. In their centres, children enjoy a cheerful and reassuring environment where they can grow, play, work, discuss, eat, run, rest, tinker and dance – all in an atmosphere that promotes tolerance and mutual respect.
The staff at Luxembourg City's Service Foyers scolaires spare no effort to provide a high-quality service in which children, along with their rights, needs and wishes, are the number-one priority.
The Service Foyers scolaires seeks to provide high-quality care and support structures, suited to the needs of children and their families by pursuing the following objectives:
- respecting the fundamental rights and basic needs of children and families;
- promoting the development of children at both the individual and collective level;
- developing a sense of belonging to a community (family, care centre, neighbourhood, city, etc.);
- promoting responsible and independent behaviour that is respectful towards oneself, others, and the environment.
Children are welcomed into a healthy and peaceful environment built on our core values: solidarity, sharing, active participation, interpersonal communication, tolerance, acceptance of differences and gender equality.
All activities are planned, prepared and carried out based on the following principles:
- use of fun methodologies, with play as the main tool for learning;
- stimulation of children's creativity by having them initiate their own activities and projects;
- participation in various cultural activities (environment, cultural visits, music, sports, theatre, painting, excursions, holiday camps, etc.);
- communication mainly in Luxembourgish.
Schedule and operation
During the school year
Monday–Friday, from 11:40 to 18:30, except during school holidays:
- 11:40 to 12:30: Arrival of children from the early learning centre and preschool, organisation of educational and fun activities
- 12:30 to 14:00: Older children arrive, lunch and activities
- 14:00 to 16:00: Educational activities and projects, and supervision of homework (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- 16:00 to 18:00: Snack, educational activities and projects, and supervision of homework (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- 18:00 to 18:30: Supervision and activities
Monday–Friday, from 7:30 to 18:30 during school holidays:
- 7:30 to 12:30: Arrival, educational activities and projects, and snack
- 12:30 to 14:00: Arrival and lunch
- 14:00 to 16:00: Educational activities and projects
- 16:00 to 18:00: Educational activities and projects, and snack
- 18:00 to 18:30: Supervision and activities
Registration at childcare centres takes place during set periods. Parents are informed of these dates through registration calendars.
Pre-registration for the 2019–2020 school year will take place from 25 February to 22 March 2019 at the individual Luxembourg City childcare centres.
Please schedule an appointment with the director of the childcare centre in your district (see the list with the contact details under "CONTACTS") as early as possible, but no later than 22 March 2019.
To ensure the optimal organisation of our childcare centres, we ask that you respect the set registration periods.
For your appointment with the person in charge of your childcare centre, please bring the following supporting documents:
- Chèque-Service Accueil (childcare voucher system) beneficiary agreement
- Social security certificate - available on the Joint Social Security Centre (Centre commun de la sécurité sociale) website
- Certificate of employment (only for officials of European Union institutions)
For further information, do not hesitate to contact the head of your child's care centre, who can advise you on the childcare arrangement best suited to your needs. Contact details can be found in the document below.
Please download the form that applies to your situation (child's personal file), complete it and give it to the centre supervisor during your registration appointment.
To set an appointment to register your child, please contact the centre in your district.
We charge Chèque-Service Accueil (CSA) rates. Children who go to childcare centres in Luxembourg City must have a Chèque-Service Accueil card.
Snacks: balanced, energy-boosting, and wholesome!
Your childcare centre provides snacks at different times of the day. These meals contribute to maintaining a daily nutritional balance, but are not a replacement for a child's main meals. A well-balanced and varied breakfast, lunch and dinner, combined with a healthy snack in the afternoon, contribute to a child's general health and well-being.
- Offer a choice of suitable foods to cover children's basic daily nutritional needs.
- Offer fresh and wholesome products, without chemical additives:
- organic foods;
- regional and seasonal products, and fair trade products;
- eco-friendly products.
- Stimulate children's taste buds and introduce them to the joy of discovering new flavours.
We give your children
- fresh fruit;
- fresh vegetables;
- cereal products;
- whole-grain bread;
- fresh dairy products;
- wholesome spreads without additives;
- fresh water.
Department Head: Ernest Hoffman – Tel.: 4796-4609
Operations Manager: Björn Poels – Tel.: 4796-4622
Administrative Manager: Yves Schwenk – Tel.: 4796-4617
Nathalie Schmit - Tel.: 4796-4611
Dušan Dekić – Tel.: 4796-4619
Patrick Hienckes – Tel.: 4796-4605
Daniel Schaak – Tel.: 4796-2781
Brigitte Bourg – Tel.: 4796-2780
Joé Kraemer – Tel.: 4796-4657
Raoul Scheffen – Tel.: 4796-4656
Steve Böhnisch – Tel.: 4796-4659
Angel Rodriguez – Tel.: 4796-4658
Tanja Graffe – Tel.: 4796-4464
Jean-Pierre Weinachter – Tel.: 4796-3157
Annick Becker – Tel.: 4796-2774
Sonia Knebeler – Tel.: 4796-3849
Diana Mourao - Tél. : 4796-3264
Monik Haan – Tel.: 4796-4618
Cindy Gomes – Tel.: 4796-3118
Ruth Hoffmann - Tél. : 4796-4603
Christiane Neu - Tel.: 4796-3273
Sabrina Abreu / Carine Demuth
34, rue de Marche, L-2125
Tel.: 4796-3192 / Fax: 26 43 05 42
Belair - Kayser
Myriam Nipoli / Dan Wintersdorff
2, rue Aloyse Kayser, L-1854
Tel.: 4796-2446 / Fax: 4796 6432
Belair - Charles IV
Silvia Tavares da Silva / Martine Wercollier / Aurélie Weyland
19, rue Charles IV, L-1327
Bonnevoie-Sud - Gellé
Catherine Schlechter / Marc Panunzi / René Clemens
6A, rue J.-B. Gellé, L-1620
Tel.: 4796-3218/6288/6192 / Fax: 26 64 90 32
Bonnevoie-Sud – Schlechter
55, rue D. Schlechter, L-2521
Tel.: 4796-3239/3499 / Fax: 26 19 68 42
Bonnevoie-Sud – Prés
18, rue des Prés, L-2349
Tél. : 4796-2251/2252 / Fax : 26 19 68 42
Bonnevoie-Sud - Foyer Pinocchio
INTER-ACTIONS / Catherine Servais
11, rue Henri Vannerus, L-2662
Tel.:48 18 30 / Fax: 26 48 04 44
Bonnevoie-Nord - Verger
Sandra da Silva / Sue Jacoby
39, rue du Verger, L-2665
Tel.: 4796-3240/3215 / Fax: 26 19 68 44
Laura Agostini / Selin Sar / Marie-Claire Tripputi
25, rue Arthur Knaff, L-1862
Tél. : 4796-2466 / Fax : 26 43 04 98
Cents - Foyer Inclusion
167, rue de Trèves, L-2630
Elisabeth Even / Stéphanie Guedes de Barros
217, rue de Cessange, L-1321
Tel: 4796-3238/3201 / Fax: 26 19 68 45
21, rue Verte, L-2667
Tel.: 4796-2220/3298 / Fax: 26 19 68 45
Lucie da Silva / Peggy Simon
2, rue du Château, L-1329
Tel.: 4796-3176 / Fax: 26 43 22 44
KERSCHEN Marc / MEYERS Jessica (Co-Responsables)
16, rue d'Eich, L-1460
Tel.: 4796-6898 / Fax : 26 43 28 77
Gare - Strasbourg
Mireille Frank / Catherine Dimmer
29A, rue de Strasbourg, L-2561
Tel.: 4796-2546/2541 / Fax: 26 48 00 76
Gare - Fischer
92A, rue Adolphe Fischer, L-1521
Tel.: 4796-4883 / Fax: 26 89 72 71
Peter Ostrihon / Danielle Meyers / Tessy Degraux / Rosa Estanqueiro
60, rue de Gasperich L-1617
Tél. : 4796-3231/3230/3232/4827 / Fax : 26 18 76 91
Gasperich - Foyer Transition
15, rue Giuseppe Verdi, L-2664
Grund - Haus vun de Kanner
INTER-ACTIONS / Giusi Paletta
12, Bisserwee, L-1238
Tel.: 47 12 48 / Mob.: 621 227 353
Fax: 26 20 39 48
Véronique Raach / Béatrice Mehlinger
157A, rue de Hamm, L-1713
Tel.: 4796-3269/3267 / Fax: 26 43 22 23
Nadine Villaume / Marie-Paule Gillen / Kelly Henriques
25, rue Antoine Meyer, L-1626
Tel.: 4796-2359 / Fax: 26 97 60 80
Limpertsberg - Ermesinde
49A, rue Ermesinde, L-1469
Tel.: 4796-2743/2750 / Fax: 26 20 09 67
Limpertsberg - Henri VII
Tanja Hoffmann / Philippe Even
46, rue Henri VII, L-1725
1, rue Batty Weber, L-2716 (school)
Tel.: 4796-2240/2241 / Fax: 47 96 22 49
Patrick Bicheler / Luc Koroglanoglou / Aurélie Weyland
98, rue de Merl, L-2146
Tel.: 4796-2494/2465/2497 / Fax: 26 44 07 69
64, boulevard Marcel Cahen, L-1311
Tel.: 4796-2494/2465/2497 / Fax: 26 44 07 69
Neudorf - Laladudo
INTER-ACTIONS / Anne Laby
212, rue de Neudorf, L-2222
Tel.: 42 55 29 / Fax: 43 33 24
Christiane Weis / Myriam Nipoli
213, rue de Rollingergrund, L-2441
Tel.: 4796-2535/2530 / Fax: 26 25 97 70