The Luxembourg City Film Festival has started its hybrid edi...
The Service Foyers Scolaires (Childcare Department) organises educational activities for children aged 3 to 12 after school and during school holidays.
The core mission of the Service Foyers scolaires is to complement your child's development and learning with non-formal education. Each childcare centre is a soothing, supportive, stable, welcoming and stimulating environment that offers a host of educational activities and projects. A key feature of the centres is their configuration: each one has activity rooms that children can explore on their own and engage in the activities that interest them most.
The work of the Service Foyers is organised by two operational centres: the Foyers scolaires (childcare centres) operational centre coordinates supervision after school and during school holidays, and the Centre d'animation pédagogique et de loisirs (Creative Learning Centre – CAPEL) runs Aktioun Bambësch – which hosts activities during school holidays – and organises educational events and projects. CAPEL is a centre of expertise in learning through play and theatre. It often serves in an advisory role in working groups on issues related to childhood and educational approaches in preparation for the implementation of interdisciplinary projects.
The staff of the Service Foyers scolaires help promote children's well-being and their physical, mental and emotional development by applying their expertise in caring for, listening to, supporting and stimulating children. In the right setting, all children can flourish and develop to their full potential.
Our mission is to operate in a way that continually advances inclusive values, with the following objectives:
- respecting the fundamental rights and basic needs of children and families;
- promoting the development of children at both the individual and collective level;
- developing a sense of belonging to a community (family, care centre, neighbourhood, city, etc.);
- promoting responsible and independent behaviour that is respectful towards oneself, others, and the environment.
Our educational approach is based on the following values: respect, safety, trust, empathy and good will.
Our staff are eager learners who embrace introspection, and they harness these vital skills to guarantee that all children are welcomed and supported in a healthy, comfortable environment that fosters solidarity and sharing, active participation, interpersonal communication, tolerance, acceptance of differences and gender equality. Our work is inclusive.
All activities are planned, prepared and carried out based on the following principles:
- use of fun methodologies, with play as the main tool for learning;
- stimulation of children's creativity by having them initiate their own activities and projects;
- participation in various cultural activities (environment, cultural visits, music, sports, theatre, painting, excursions, holiday camps, etc.);
- communication mainly in Luxembourgish.
Schedule and operation
During the school year
Monday–Friday, from 11:40 to 18:30, except during school holidays:
- 11:40 to 12:30: Arrival of children from the early learning centre and preschool, organisation of educational and fun activities
- 12:30 to 14:00: Older children arrive, lunch and activities
- 14:00 to 16:00: Educational activities and projects, and supervision of homework (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- 16:00 to 18:00: Snack, educational activities and projects, and supervision of homework (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- 18:00 to 18:30: Supervision and activities
Monday–Friday, from 7:30 to 18:30 during school holidays:
- 7:30 to 12:30: Educational activities and projects, and snack
- 12:30 to 14:00: Arrival and lunch
- 14:00 to 16:00: Educational activities and projects
- 16:00 to 18:00: Educational activities and projects, and snack
- 18:00 to 18:30: Supervision and activities
- The foyers scolaires are closed on the working day before the start of the school year.
- The foyers scolaires are closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- The foyers scolaires close from 14:00 on 24 December until 1 January, inclusive.
- During the “Aktioun Bambësch” programme (Christmas, Easter, summer), the foyers scolaires close at 14:00.
Luxembourg City reserves the right to adapt its closed days during the Christmas and New Year break. Any such changes will be communicated by the directors during enrolment.
Registration at the foyers scolaires takes place during set periods. These are fixed in the registration calendars.
Read on for important information about registration for the 2021-2022 school year, which will take place:
For pupils of Cycle 1.0 ("précoce"):
from Monday, 19 April to Friday, 30 April 2021
For pupils of Cycle 1.1 ("Spillschoul") to Cycle 4.2:
Monday, 22 February to Friday, 26 March 2021
- The admission and enrolment procedures for the City of Luxembourg's foyers scolaires for the 2021-2022 school year are detailed in the document "Policies and procedures of the City of Luxembourg's foyers scolaires 2021–2022" (currently undergoing validation – please refer to the document for 2020–2021). This document is available at www.foyers-scolaires.lu.
- In order to make provisions for enrolling your child amid the current Covid-19 pandemic, we ask that you contact the head (chargé(e) de direction) of your local foyer scolaire (see list of contact details below) as soon as possible, and by no later than 26 March 2021.
- The following documents are needed to enrol:
- A copy of the child's registration with the childcare service voucher scheme (Contrat d'adhésion au chèque-service). This document is required to open or update your child's personal file.
- A social security certificate for the parent(s)/guardian(s)/legal guardian(s) (this document can be obtained free of charge at www.ccss.lu). Employees of the European Union institutions and parents/guardians working abroad may submit a certificate of employment instead of a social security certificate.
- The date of your appointment has no bearing on the priority level given to your application.
- According to the terms of admission and priority criteria outlined in the document "Policies and procedures of the City of Luxembourg's foyers scolaires 2021–2022" (currently undergoing validation – please refer to the document for 2020–2021), and depending on the places available at each foyer, your child will be either granted admission or placed on a waiting list.
For children in Cycles 1.1 to 4.2, parents will be informed of their child's admission status at the end of June 2021 in most cases. For pupils of Cycle 1.0 ("précoce"), parents will be informed at the end of May 2021.
For reference during the school year, please take note of the 2021-2022 registration calendar and the list of contact details for the City of Luxembourg's foyers scolaires, both available on this page.
- Please note that the foyers scolaires are open during the school holidays (except between 24 December (14:00) and 1 January inclusive, and on the working day before the start of the school year, i.e. Tuesday, 14 September 2021).
Please download the form that applies to your situation (child's personal file), complete it and give it to the chargé(e) de direction during your registration appointment.
To set an appointment to register your child, please contact the foyer scolaire in your neighbourhood.
We charge Chèque-Service Accueil (CSA) rates. Children who go to municipal foyers scolaires must have a Chèque-Service Accueil card.
Snacks: balanced, energy-boosting, and wholesome!
Your foyer scolaire provides snacks at different times of the day. These meals contribute to maintaining a daily nutritional balance, but are not a replacement for a child's main meals. A well-balanced and varied breakfast, lunch and dinner, combined with a healthy snack in the afternoon, contribute to a child's general health and well-being.
- Offer a choice of suitable foods to cover children's basic daily nutritional needs.
- Offer fresh and wholesome products, without chemical additives:
- organic foods;
- regional and seasonal products, and fair-trade products;
- eco-friendly products.
- Stimulate children's taste buds and introduce them to the joy of discovering new flavours.
We give your children
- fresh fruit;
- fresh vegetables;
- cereal products;
- whole-grain bread;
- fresh dairy products;
- wholesome spreads without additives;
- fresh water.
Department Head: Björn Poels - Tel.: 4796-4622
Administrative Manager: Paul Regenwetter - Tel.: 4796-4617
Operations manager: Scott Kretz - Tel.: 4796-3164
Corinne Steinbach – Tel.: 4796-4611
Dušan Dekić – Tel.: 4796-4619
Patrick Hienckes – Tel.: 4796-4605
Daniel Schaack – Tel.: 4796-2781
Brigitte Bourg – Tel.: 4796-2780
Joé Kraemer – Tel.: 4796-4657
Raoul Scheffen – Tel.: 4796-4656
Steve Böhnisch – Tel.: 4796-4659
Angel Rodriguez – Tel.: 4796-4658
Tanja Graffe – Tel.: 4796-4464
Jean-Pierre Weinachter – Tel.: 4796-3157
Annick Becker – Tel.: 4796-2774
Sonia Knebeler – Tel.: 4796-3849
Diana Mourao – Tel.: 4796-3264
Monik Haan – Tel.: 4796-4618
Cindy Gomes – Tel.: 4796-3118
Marjela Hila – Tel.: 4796-3127
Ruth Hoffmann – Tel.: 4796-4603
Christiane Neu – Tel.: 4796-3273
FOYERS SCOLAIRES (CHILDCARE CENTRES)
Beggen – Marche 34 – C2-C4
34, rue de Marche, L-2125
Beggen – Marche 38 – C1
38, rue de Marche, L-2125
Belair – Kayser – C1-C4
Dan Wintersdorff / Silvia da Silva Tavares
2, rue Aloyse Kayser, L-1854
Belair – Charles IV – C1-C4
Martine Wercollier / Sara Matias Salvado
19, rue Charles IV, L-1309
Bonnevoie-Sud – Gellé – C1-C4
Catherine Schlechter / Marc Panunzi
6A, rue Jean-Baptiste Gellé, L-1620
Bonnevoie-Sud – Schlechter – C3-C4
Stéphanie Guedes de Barros / René Clemens
55, rue Demy Schlechter, L-2521
Bonnevoie-Sud – Prés – C1-C2
Bianca Dos Santos / Christiane Weis
18, rue des Prés, L-2349
Bonnevoie-Sud – Foyer Pinocchio – C1-C4
INTER-ACTIONS / Catherine Servais
11, rue Henri Vannérus, L-2662
Tel.: 48 18 30
Bonnevoie-Nord – Verger – C1-C4
Sandra Da Silva / Kelly Henriques
39, rue du Verger, L-2665
Cents – Knaff – C1-C4
Laura Agostini / Marie-Claire Tripputi / Anna Fraccalvieri
25, rue Arthur Knaff, L-1862
Cents – Foyer Inclusion – C1-C4
167, rue de Trèves, L-2630
Cents – Foyer PDR
167, rue de Trèves, L-2630
Cessange – C2-C4
Elisabeth Even / Magali Steichen
217, rue de Cessange, L-1321
Cessange – Verte – C1
21, rue Verte, L-2667
Dommeldange – Château – C1-C4
Lucie Da Silva / Peggy Simon
2, rue du Château, L-1329
Eich – Eich – C1-C4
16, rue d'Eich, L-1460
Eich – 7 Arpents – C1
103, rue des Sept-Arpents, L-1149
Gare – Strasbourg – C1-C4
Mireille Frank / Arpana Arendt
29A, rue de Strasbourg, L-2561
Gare – Fischer – C1-C4
92A, rue Adolphe Fischer, L-1521
Gasperich – Gasperich – C1-C4
Peter Ostrihon / Danielle Meyers / Tessy Degraux / Rosa Estanqueiro
60, rue de Gasperich L-1617
Gasperich – Foyer Transition – C1-C4
15, rue Giuseppe Verdi, L-2664
The Grund – Haus vun de Kanner – C1-C4
INTER-ACTIONS / Maïva Fortes
12, Bisserwee, L-1238
Tel.: 47 12 48 / Mobile: 621 227 353
Hamm – Hamm – C1-C4
Véronique Raach / Béatrice Mehlinger
157A, rue de Hamm, L-1713
Hollerich – Meyer – C1-C4
Marie-Paule Gillen / Claire Goedert
25, rue Antoine Meyer, L-1626
Limpertsberg – Ermesinde – C1
49A, rue Ermesinde, L-1469
Limpertsberg – Henri VII – C2-C4
Tanja Hoffmann / Philippe Even
46, rue Henri VII, L-1725
1, rue Batty Weber, L-2716 (school)
Merl - Merl C1.1. – C4.2.
Patrick Bicheler / Luc Koroglanoglou / Aurélie Weyland
98, rue de Merl, L-2146
Tel.: 4796-2465 / 4796-2494 - Mobile: 691 912 465
Merl – Cahen – C1.0
64, bd Marcel Cahen, L-1311
Tel.: 4796-6162 - Mobile: 691 970 353
Neudorf – Laladudo – C1-C4
INTER-ACTIONS / Anne Laby
212, rue de Neudorf, L-2222
Tel.: 42 55 29
Rollingergrund – Rollingergrund – C1-C4
213, rue de Rollingergrund, L-2441