The City is carrying out roadworks on Rue Adolphe and Rue de Vianden. These works are being carried out in collaboration with the following municipal departments and partners:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): Redevelopment of the road superstructure on Rue de Wiltz (parking lanes, tree pits, pedestrian crossings).
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the rain water and waste water drains, and replacement of home utility connections that have deteriorated.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Complete replacement of the main water distribution line and replacement of home water supply lines that have deteriorated.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement and upgrade of the public lighting system, and replacement of street lamps. Refitting of public lighting cabinets to bring them up to code through the installation of an electricity meter at the connection point between the electricity grid (belonging to Creos S.A.) and the public lighting grid. Installation of special lighting at pedestrian crossings to increase pedestrian visibility.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): Extension and upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network and upgrade of its Wi-Fi network.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Electricité: Replacement and extension of the deteriorated low- and high-voltage power network. Replacement of home utility connections.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: Complete replacement of the deteriorated principal gas main. Replacement of the home utility connections with valves under the pavement and "Gas-STOP" safety valves at the connection with the principal gas main.
- Post Luxembourg: Extension of Luxembourg City's high-speed fibre-optic broadband network as part of the FTTH ("Fibre To The Home") project. Replacement of home utility connections for the extension of the fibre optic network.
- Eltrona: Removal of cable systems mounted on façades and in private gardens.
Replacement of existing infrastructure and home utility connections.
Commencement of works: January 2023
Expected duration of the works: 410 working days (from 7:00 to 17:00)
Planned completion: end of 2024
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works. Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible. Removal of certain parking spots as the work progresses.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works. As construction progresses, there will be changes to the flow of traffic in this area.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes.
- To assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the Luxembourg City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please contact the services below, which are open 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel.: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to attend work-site meetings. Residents affected by the work can attend these meetings to air any grievances they have, or to receive updates on how work is progressing.
Weekly site meetings
The date of the meeting will be publicised shortly.
An information session for local residents was held on 28 November 2022. The project is presented below:
Contacts for this work site
|VDL – Service Serco||Chris Kippchen||4796 4188|
|VDL – Service Canalisation||Katarina Pecirep||4796 3072|
|VDL – Service Voirie||Natalina Pires||4796 2331|
|VDL – Service Eaux||Tom Wagner||4796 4334|
|VDL – Service Circulation||Julien Bertolotti||4796 3339|
|CREOS Gaz||Diane Hoffmann||2624 5819|
|CREOS Electricité||Jérôme Lemmer||2624 5965|