#theaterdoheem As of today, every weekend the municipal thea...
The Service Logement (Housing Department) has a variety of duties. They include, in particular:
- Leasing and the administrative and technical management of social housing, social housing for seniors/people with reduced mobility, furnished rooms, affordable housing, and service accommodation
- Secrétariat de la Commission des Loyers (Secretariat of the rent committee) (Article 7 of the Law of 21 September 2006 on residential leases – la loi du 21 septembre 2006 sur le bail à usage d'habitation)
- Management of the "Obenthalt" and "Moulin d'Edyt" shelters
- Assistance during evictions from private homes/furnished rooms
- Checking of furnished rooms and shared homes (article 34 of the Law of 25 February 1979 on housing aid – loi du 25 février 1979 concernant l'aide au logement)
- Assistance to renters of social housing, social housing for seniors/people with reduced mobility, and furnished rooms.
Furnished rooms provided by the City of Luxembourg
Haus 1 was designed as a model building to serve as the solution to the problem of furnished rooms in the capital, and to meet the legal obligation to rehouse o...
The Service Logement manages 765 housing units belonging to the City of Luxembourg. These include social housing, housing for the elderly or persons living with...
Protection of personal property following eviction
With regard to the special procedures for managing the storage of the personal property of people who have been served an eviction order, the municipality and t...
The Commission des loyers (Rent Committee) is an arbitration body for landlords and tenants, which handles increases and reductions in rent.
Luxembourg City currently owns 550 social housing units. Persons who have resided in Luxembourg City for at least three years and who are neither the owner, nor...
Social housing for the elderly and/or people with disabilities
The City has 192 social housing units for the elderly and/or people with disabilities.