Ahoy, matey! The City's model sailboats will return to the P...
The FSC label
- conserving biodiversity, refraining from clearcutting and avoiding the use of biocides;
- respecting employee rights and regularly offering training courses;
- using forest resources efficiently and sustainably, and regularly reviewing management plans.
- firewood (beech and oak): 30 cm long, bagged in nets weighing approx. 12.5kg;
- kindling (primarily spruce and poplar) in the form of 15 cm long fragments, in 35-litre nets.
Where can you find this wood?
Luxembourg City Recycling Centre
How do you prevent air pollution?
Here are some tips on how to properly use your wood stove or fire place. If mismanaged, fires can emit not only smoke and odours that are unpleasant for those around you, but also pollutants such as fine particulate matter and harmful dioxins.
Only burn well-dried wood
Never burn treated, painted or soiled wood!
Avoid letting the fire smoulder
Have the chimney cleaned regularly
How to make a good fire
Use quality equipment that is suited for your needs.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions
These tips were drawn up as part of Luxembourg City's efforts to combat outdoor air pollution.