"Activités-nature" will welcome families of all ages to the grand Kockeldiko festival in Kockelscheuer, featuring a wide range of workshops, stands and games on the theme of the forest, the garden, water, the farm, bees, and sustainable development.
Come take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage, cook over an open fire, create your own masterpieces using natural materials and have fun while discovering new things about the natural world!
Kockeldiko is a green event. Comprehensive measures have been taken to protect the environment: we will serve organic, locally sourced, fair-trade drinks and snacks; recycling containers will be available available on site; and no single-serve containers will be used. The decorations and stands are also built using natural and reusable materials.
For some of the activities, you will get to take home a small souvenir. Don't forget to bring along a bag to carry them. Cloth bags will be available on site if needed.
Toilets and water stations available on-site.
- 1 and 2 October 2022, from 13:00 to 18:00.
Admission is free. No registration required.
How to get there
The event will take place near the "Haus vun der Natur" (5, route de Luxembourg, L-1899 Kockelscheuer).
Buses will be operating from the city centre, Luxembourg Central Station and Kirchberg (line 18), and the P+R Kockelscheuer car park will be open.
Cyclists can use the PC01 cycle path.
- DIY with objects from the forest.
- Forest Bathing – experience the forest with all your senses. Listen, observe, smell.
- Tree dancing – choreography based on the sounds and movements of the forest.
City of Luxembourg – Service Sécurité
Kinder helfen Kinder – children helping children:
- Bandages and dressings
- Making a stretcher
- First aid
City of Luxembourg – Service enseignement activités nature
- Bee stand
- How bees see (game)
- Nature's colours
- Chestnuts on the fire
- Farm for children
- Making a star with rope
- From wheat to bread
- Soap bubbles
- Haystack playground
- Wheelbarrow race
City of Luxembourg – Service Hygiène
- Sorting waste
City of Luxembourg – Service Eaux
- Water cycle
- Water station
Natur – Beweegung – Entwécklung sàrl
Wood carving workshop
- Stands and workshops on the theme of nature
- Drinks made from regional, organically farmed products
Cooking through the eyes of a scientist
Zaltimbanq' Zirkusschoul (circus school)
Participatory circus workshop for all ages
Déi kleng Fuerscher – Experimenter mam Pit
- "Lego meets coding" – Building and programming workshop
SNJ – Hollenfels Youth Centre
Upcycling with beeswax
Playing with different natural materials
- Ressourcentwister – activity on the theme of recycling
- Ressourcendetektiv – activity on the use of natural resources
- Horse-drawn carriage forest tours
- A horse's pulling force – educational workshop
Dany Gales & Sabine Tonnar
- Story with shadow puppetry and yoga
Saturday from 14:30–15:20, and from 16:00–16:50
Registration on site
- Farrier (Saturday only)
- Woodworking workshop
- Stand selling bee products
- What and how much does a cow eat?
- Marble run
National Forestry Administration
- DIY with wood
- Animal quiz
Action Solidarité Tiers Monde (ASTM) asbl
- Climate equity
Other stands and activities
- Spillmann (music)
- Kesselbetrib (coffee and snacks)
- Tartfine (sweet snacks)
The Kockeldiko event has been awarded the Green Events label for its eco-friendly organisation. This logo is bestowed as part of the "Green Events" project of the Ministry of the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development.