Processing of personal data by the Service Hygiène
In accordance with the laws on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, the City of Luxembourg hereby declares that operations relating to the organisation and management of public services, including those handled by its Service Hygiène (Sanitation Department), involve the processing of personal data.
All of this data processing is carried out in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as the GDPR).
Legal basis for data processing
Data processing is carried out in accordance with the following legal bases:
- the Decree of 14 December 1789 on the establishment of municipalities (décret du 14 décembre 1789 relatif à la constitution des municipalités);
- the Law of 24 August 1790 on the organisation of the judiciary (loi du 24 août 1790 sur l’organisation judiciaire);
- the Municipal Law of 13 December 1988, as amended (loi communale modifiée du 13 décembre 1988);
- the Grand Ducal Regulation of 1 December 1993 (règlement grand-ducal du 1er décembre 1993) on the implementation and management of containers for the selective collection of various fractions of household, bulky and similar waste;
- the Law of 21 March 2012, as amended, relating to waste management (loi modifiée du 21 mars 2012 relative à la gestion des déchets);
- the Municipal Regulation of 5 May 2014 on waste management (règlement communal du 5 mai 2014 concernant la gestion des déchets);
- the City of Luxembourg's tax regulations (chapter F-4);
- the internal rules and regulations of the City of Luxembourg's Recycling Centre.
The provisions of these laws and regulations ascribe legal obligations to the municipal administration and/or invest it with missions in the public interest, such as the collection of waste, the separate collection of recyclable materials and waste at recycling centres, raising public awareness about measures to reduce waste, ensuring urban cleanliness and sanitation, etc.
Purposes for processing personal data
The personal data is collected for the purpose of organising, managing, monitoring and where applicable, invoicing the aforementioned public services. Some of the data initially collected may also be processed subsequently for statistical purposes to enable the City of Luxembourg to provide ever better and more efficient public services that meet the needs of its residents.
Categories of data
The data, or categories of data, processed are mainly the following: identity information (first and last names), physical addresses (service and/or billing addresses), email addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers if applicable and requested services.
Personal data subjected to processing is held for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it is being processed.
Municipal staff responsible for carrying out operations relating to the organisation, management and invoicing of public services are the data recipients.
Personal data is never disclosed to anyone outside the municipal administration, nor is it transferred to third countries.
Data controller and data protection officer
For any further information concerning data processing, data subjects may contact the Data Controller or the Data Protection Officer:
|Data Protection Officer
|Municipal administration of the City of Luxembourg
|42, Place Guillaume II,
|42, Place Guillaume II,
Rights of data subjects
All data subjects have the right to access their personal data, as well as the right to have such data rectified and to restrict its processing.
If they can provide legitimate reasons, and provided the conditions set out in Article 21 of the GDPR are satisfied, data subjects may also object to the processing of their personal data.
Complaints in connection with processing operations may also be filed with the National Commission for Data Protection (Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données): 15, Boulevard du Jazz, L-4370 Belvaux.