Something for the kids ;-) This Saturday at the Cité Biblio...
Konviktsgaart offers the following services and facilities:
- Breakfast and lunch are served in the restaurant.
- Your friends and family may visit you any time, and they are welcome to join you for lunch in the restaurant or visit you in the cafeteria. Please make lunch reservations for visitors ahead of time.
- Konviktsgaart’s has its own convenience store. In addition, a special bus regularly takes Konviktsgaart residents to the large shopping centres located around the city, as well as to the city centre.
- There is a hair salon on the ground floor for hairstyling and manicures (by appointment).
- There is laundry room in the basement of Konviktsgaart, where you can do your own laundry (pay with tokens). If you prefer, you can hire a private laundry service to come and pick up your laundry.
- The recreational programme includes bus outings, fitness classes for seniors and dance classes (as part of the City of Luxembourg’s "Sports for All" programme), singing, book groups, discussion groups, board games, lectures, etc., which are organised by Konviktsgaart to give you an opportunity to meet people and enjoy spending time in the community.
- When needed, the qualified staff help residents make minor home repairs, navigate administrative processes and contact family members, doctors, lawyers, etc.
- All the rooms are connected to the home’s central monitoring station, so you can make a direct call for help if you need it.
If your physical or mental health declines and you find yourself needing continuous care, Konviktsgaart can take the necessary steps to transfer you to a nursing home.
Breakfast (included in the price for room and board)
A breakfast buffet is served in the restaurant from 7:30 to 9:00. For no additional fee, you may have breakfast served in your room around 8:00. Make sure to order this service 24 hours in advance.
Lunch (included in the price for room and board)
The restaurant is open from 12:00 to 13:30. Lunch is served in the restaurant. However, if it is physically impossible for you to go to the eating area, lunch may be served to you in your room (subject to an additional fee). When having lunch in the restaurant, you may choose between two set menus (buffet of salads and fresh vegetables, starter, main course, dessert).
Dinner (not included in the price of room and board)
- Residents can purchase light meals and snacks in the convenience store and cafeteria to eat in-situ or take away.
- The restaurant may be open in the evening either for special events or at the request of a group of residents.
The week’s menus are posted in the reception area. Depending on what is available, residents may make substitutions if they submit their requests at least 24 hours in advance. Requests must be submitted to the reception desk. Each menu includes a bottle of water as well as a cup of coffee during the week, and a glass of wine on Sundays and public holidays.
All doctor-prescribed diets are followed. Residents must inform the hostess of any special dietary requirements when they arrive.
The restaurant has a small parlour set aside for residents to dine with their visitors. Residents should reserve a table in advance at Konvikstgaart’s reception desk.
Visitors’ meals in the restaurant:
Monday through Saturday:
€15 per person
price based on menu
price based on menu
View the detailed price breakdown for meals.
Residents may order holiday menus, cocktails, aperitifs and snacks. If they do, they are given a proposal and a quote for approval.
The bar-cafeteria is open for aperitifs from 10:30 to 12:00 and from 16:00 to 20:00. Residents can pay for their drinks immediately or be billed at the end of the month.
- Light meals and snacks menu
- Themed parties