The City is carrying out repairs to the roadway on Rue Adolphe and Rue de Vianden. These works are being carried out in collaboration with the following municipal departments and partners:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): Redevelopment of the road superstructure on Rue Adolphe and Rue de Vianden (parking lanes, tree pits and installation of pedestrian crossings).
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the deteriorated sanitary sewer and construction of A flow diversion system at the intersection of Rue de Vianden and Rue Alphonse Munchen.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Complete replacement of the main water distribution line and replacement of home water supply lines that have deteriorated.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement and upgrade of the public lighting system, and replacement of street lamps. Installation of a new "remotely managed" system.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): Upgrade and rollout of the fibre-optic network and extension of Luxembourg City's WIFI network.
- VDL – Service Parcs (Parks Department)
- Creos Luxembourg SA Electricité: Replacement and upgrade of the deteriorated and undersized low- and medium-voltage power network. Replacement of home power supply lines. Upgrade of public lighting connections and Creos electrical grids with VDL electric metre boxes.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: Complete replacement of the main gas supply line and replacement of deteriorated home gas supply lines.
- Post Luxembourg: Replacement of FTTH (Fibre To The Home) lines and installation of backup ducts.
- Eltrona: Removal of façade-mounted cable systems and replacement of existing cable networks.
Commencement of work: December 2022
Expected duration OF THE WORKS: 335 working days (from 7:00 to 17:00)
Planned completion: July 2024
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works. Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible. Removal of certain parking spots as the work progresses.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works. As construction progresses, there will be changes to the flow of traffic in this area.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes.
- To assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the Luxembourg City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please contact the services below, which are open 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel.: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to attend work-site meetings. Residents affected by the work can attend these meetings to air any grievances they have, or to receive updates on how work is progressing.
Weekly site meetings
The date of the meeting will be publicised shortly.
An information session for local residents was held on 15 November 2022. The project is presented below:
Contacts for this work site
|VDL – Construction firstname.lastname@example.org||4796-4343|
|VDL – Service Serco||Laura Sertic||4796 2803|
|VDL – Service Canalisation||Gilles Biskup||4796 3302|
|VDL – Service Voirie||Bob Bremer||4796 3032|
|VDL – Service Eaux||Tom Wagner||4796 4334|
|VDL – Service Éclairage Public||Kim Weijs||4796 3884|
|VDL – Service TIC||Jo Petit||4796 3838|
|VDL – Service Circulation||Den Hollander Adrianus||4796 3344|
|CREOS Gaz||Gilles Garganese||2624 5839|
|CREOS Electricité||Claude Almeida||2624 5727|
|POST||Marc Mersch||2424 5743|
|ELTRONA||Diamantino Duarte||499 466 247|