The Luxembourg City Film Festival has started its hybrid edi...
30 km/h areas
Some residential areas have a speed limit of 30 km/h. Drivers should remember to watch out for pedestrians, who can cross the street at any point along the road in these areas.
- At 30 km/h, the stopping distance is half that for 50 km/h.
- The field of vision of a person driving at 30 km/h is wider, which allows them to better spot people at the edge of the road.
Even in a 30 zone, pedestrians must nevertheless remain cautious, especially when crossing the road. Automobiles still have right of way.
20 km/h areas
Some neighbourhoods have residential zones and streets, where
- there is a 20 km/h speed limit
- pedestrians can use the entire width of a public thoroughfare
- they should not needlessly block the movement of other users
- drivers must not endanger or hinder pedestrians, and must stop when necessary
- parking is prohibited except in designated parking spots.