The Luxembourg City Film Festival has started its hybrid edi...
This training covers the knowledge and skills needed to use information and communication technology (ICT) mindfully and responsibly. Courses run between 20 and 40 hours. When students accomplish the learning objectives of the four topic areas, they receive an INTERNET-FÜHRERSCHÄIN certificate with a descriptive summary of the skills and knowledge mastered.
Two training methods
- Classroom training with six to eight students, where everyone progresses at the same pace.
- Individual training at your own pace. You can then go back to a topic if you are having trouble, or move faster through concepts with which you are already familiar.
Whenever you go to Internetstuff, one of the instructors will check on your progress, and run through the next topic with you.
During the last class session, the instructor will review everything you have learned and, if needed, fill in any gaps. Your file will then be sent to the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training (Ministère de l'Education nationale et de la formation professionnelle), which will issue your certificate.
Registration and fees
You can enrol through Internetstuff. The price is €3 per hour. People in need pay a reduced enrolment fee of €10 for the whole course. This price is set by the Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training; the City of Luxembourg has no say over the amount of these fees.
Luxembourg City has three Internetstuffen where you can take these courses and get free help on the spot if you are having trouble. We recommend that you phone in advance to reserve a computer.
Various digital tools and their applications – "Hardware"
- Various types of devices (tablet, laptop computer, desktop computer, mobile phone)
- Media attributes (memory, speed, power, power supply, internet access, compatibility)
- Data storage devices (CD, USB flash drive, external storage devices)
- Using the screen, touchscreen, mouse and keyboard
- Printing documents and images
- Transferring data between different media
Various data processing programs – "Software"
- Operating systems (MAC OS, Windows, Linux, Android)
- Applications (word processing, browsing, etc.)
- Managing data
Secure ICT use
- Protecting personal files
- Protecting personal data
- Protecting media against cyberattacks
- Anti-virus programs
2. FINDING INFORMATION
- "The World Wide Web": background, structure and access options
- Websites and web portals: URLs, bookmarks and browsing
- Finding information: search engines, keyword searches and address searches
- Evaluating the reliability of resources and complying with copyright laws
- Creating and managing messages and addresses (email, SMS/MMS)
- Creating, organising and sharing contacts and address books
- Social networks: how they work, protection of privacy
- Electronic signature
- E-commerce: making purchases and bookings online, judging the reliability of offers, using various payment methods
- E-banking: performing banking transactions online
- Online administrative procedures: tax returns, forms, registration
- Creating and editing texts: correction tools, copy and paste, text layout
- Creating and editing images: inserting images into documents, downloading and saving images