#statermobilitéitsdag Am Kader vum Sater Mobilitéitsdag de...
Requesting an individual exemption
Individual exemptions from the regular opening times of drinking establishments may be granted on request. Such permits are subject to a fee, which is due for each day on which the opening times are extended.
Set dates for late-night opening hours in 2020
To simplify the organisation of late-night opening hours on certain recurring annual dates, the college of aldermen has decided that the opening times of drinking establishments may be extended until 3:00 during the following events or festivities:
- 22 and 23 February (Carnival weekend)
- 30 April (Eve of Labour Day)
- 23 May (Marathon)
- 22 June (Eve of National Day)
- 29 August (Eve of Fouersonndeg)
- 31 October (Halloween – Eve of 1 November)
- 31 December (New Year's Eve)
In certain neighbourhoods:
- Saturday before Kermesse
Late-night opening on these annually recurring set dates does not incur any taxes and does not require any prior permit applications.
Requests for one-off late-night opening authorisation
Aside from the set dates for late-night opening hours, special authorisation can be requested to extend an establishment's opening times. These applications are handled by the Bierger-Center and the Secrétariat général for the City.
Requests for recurring late-night opening hours
Establishments may request a permit to stay open late on a regular basis. Such permits may be valid for one or more days per week, or even every day of the week (categories A and B). These requests are subject to the same application requirements as requests for one-off late-opening authorisation.
Procedure and application form
Applications may be submitted by:
- taking the completed form to the Bierger-Center in person (Monday–Friday, 8:00–17:00); or
- faxing the completed form to: 47 36 53; or
- sending the completed form via email to the Secrétariat général of the City of Luxembourg (email@example.com).
The Secrétariat général shall informs the applicant about whether their request has been approved or rejected. If it has been approved, they may go to the Bierger-Center to pay the appropriate tax and pick up the permit.
Deadline for applications
Applications for permits for late-night opening hours must be submitted:
- at least five full working days before the planned date for the one-off late-night opening event,
- two months before the date of the first late-night opening event requested in the case of applications for recurring late-night opening hours.