In these difficult times, we all have someone we are thinkin...
Applying for a permit
If you would like to put on a street performance in the streets of Luxembourg City, you must go in to the City's Service Espace public, fêtes et marchés (Department of Public Spaces, Festivals and Markets) between 9:00 and noon to get an official permit. This permit is free of charge.
- Identity card or passport
- and a certificate attesting to your place of residence during your stay in Luxembourg.
- If you are staying at a hotel, hostel or camp site: a dated invoice or confirmation of check-in.
- If you are staying with a private person: written confirmation from your host along with a copy of their identity card.
Terms and conditions
Any person/group may apply for up to 20 days a year, with no more than 10 consecutive days. Please note that any day started is counted as a full day.
When there are celebrations taking place in the city (e.g. for National Day), no permits are granted. For performances during holiday periods, we recommend that you apply for your permit in advance, as no more than eight permits per day are issued.
When you receive your permit, you will be given a map showing a fixed route to follow. You must change location every hour. The permit entitles you to perform in public between 10:00 and 19:00.
- You must not obstruct store entrances or hinder pedestrian traffic.
- The public use of radio and television devices, or any other devices that may be used to reproduce and/or amplify sounds (microphone, etc.), is prohibited in public places, squares and public thoroughfares.
- Soliciting, the sale of media (CDs, DVDs, etc.) and the distribution of advertising media are prohibited.