13th annual festival
The 13th annual British & Irish Film Festival Luxembourg (BIFFL) takes place from Friday 16 September to Saturday 24 September 2022 inclusive, with weekday screenings from 19-23 September being held at the Cinémathèque.
As in previous years, this year’s festival will have actors, directors and producers over in-person for post-screening Q&As where audiences can ask questions and discover the stories behind the making of the films.
The British & Irish Film Festival Luxembourg screens films from Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland across an array of genres, including dramas and documentaries as well as thrillers, biopics and animation.
The screenings at the Cinémathèque are (provisionally) to include:
- Two Documentary Double Bills, featuring Keep it a Secret and Unsinkable, as well as Steps to Freedom and <AN Other> ;
- A seminar on Hitchcock. The brand., by Paul Lesch ;
- A presentation on “The Business of Film Production” with Siun Ni Raghallaigh, former CEO at Ardmore Studios and also the Managing Director at TG4 ;
- In solidarity with refugees everywhere, including from Ukraine, an evening of two short films:
- one on refugees from Yemen, Afghanistan, Senegal and Palestine who have brought their cooking skills and recipes to Ireland (UNHCR),
- one by a former refugee from Iraq who visited Ukraine after the Russian invasion.