The Luxembourg City Film Festival has started its hybrid edi...
This year, the Winterlights festival will take place from 19 November 2021 to 2 January 2022, transforming Luxembourg City into a winter wonderland with Christmas markets all across the city, as well as live concerts, exhibitions, performances and workshops for kids.
The 2021 Winterlights festival will include some 100 chalets and other attractions set up at 9 different locations throughout the city centre and Gare neighbourhood. Christmas decorations, craft products, toys, clothes, jewellery, confectionery, food and drink, rides (Ferris wheel, miniature train), ice skating rink, concerts, workshops and shows for kids... there's something for everyone, from the traditional to the more unconventional.
- "Lëtzebuerger Chrëschtmaart" at Place d'Armes
- "Wantermaart" at Place de la Constitution
- "Niklosmaart" at Place de Paris (new location!)
- "Winterlights on Ice" at Kinnekswiss (new!)
- "Winterkids" in the courtyard of the Old Athénée (new!)
- "Wanterchaleten" ("winter chalets") at Puits Rouge (new!)
- "Wanterzuch" (train ride) at Square Jan Palach
- "Le Chahut des contes" (merry-go-round) on Grand-Rue (new!)
- "Les rennes volants" (children's ride) at Place Guillaume II (new!)
- Concerts at Notre-Dame Cathedral
- Kleeschen on Tour
- "Stater Schmatten" (association of Luxembourg City smiths)
The city's streets and squares will be aglow with colourful light installations from 19 November 2021 to 10 January 2022. These will be switched on from 6:00 to 1:00, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere all throughout the day and well into the night.
To really give the streets some festive flair, this year the City of Luxembourg will be showing off new light displays alongside old favourites as part of its multi-year concept.
Programme of cultural events
During the festive season, visitors will be delighted by a rich programme of theatre performances, concerts, exhibitions and films. Everyone is sure to find something to suit their taste!
Guided tours organised by the Luxembourg City Tourist Office
During the holiday season, Luxembourg City simply brims with festive cheer. Guided tours are one of the best ways to explore this winter wonderland.Book a guided tour between 19 November and 31 December 2021.