#muerbelsmillen #3D Take a virtual tour of the Muerbelsmill...
The City wishes to notify residents and public-transport users that in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and following the instructions and measures announced by the Government, the college of aldermen quickly introduced a range of measures to safeguard the health of the city's residents and visitors as well as City of Luxembourg staff. The timetables of regular bus lines have been adapted according to the number of passengers and the availability of the Service Autobus (Bus Department). As a result, the timetable has been reduced in stages since Monday, 16 March 2020.
On Monday, 25 May 2020, the City's buses started running according to a new temporary timetable that takes into account the gradual easing of lockdown and an increase in passenger numbers. Passenger counts indicate that the number of people travelling on the city's bus network is lower than before the pandemic. This is especially the case on lines mainly used by professionals (Kirchberg, Cloche d'Or, etc.), which are not as busy as before.
Given that there are usually fewer passengers over the summer period, a summer timetable will apply from Monday, 20 July to Saturday, 12 September 2020 inclusive. This reduced service (Monday–Saturday) is based on the timetable valid since Monday, 25 May 2020. The timetable for Sundays and public holidays will remain unchanged.
Details of the changes:
- The normal timetable (Monday–Saturday) applies to the following lines: 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 13, 14, 16, 21, 27, 28, 30 and 31.
- Line 3 is only running between Howald and Hamilius. Passengers can then take line 30 to get to Limpertsberg.
- Line 4 is only running between Leudelange and Hamilius. Passengers can then take line 2 to get to Limpertsberg.
- The route of line 7 has been changed in Bonnevoie. The final stop has been moved from Place Jeanne d'Arc to Boulevard Robert Baden-Powell. Line 7 now calls at "Wisestrooss", "Jean Jacoby", "Chalop" and "Baden-Powell".
- Buses on lines 8 and 12 (Monday–Saturday) will run every 30 minutes instead of every 20 minutes.
- Buses on line 15 (Saturday) will run every 20 minutes instead of every 15 minutes.
- Buses on lines 17 and 18 (Monday–Friday) will run every 10 minutes.
- Buses on lines 22 and 29 (Monday–Friday) will run every 15 minutes.
- Buses on lines 10, 11, 24 and 26 (Monday–Friday) will run every 20 minutes.
- Buses on lines 19, 20, 23 and 25 (Monday–Friday) will run every 30 minutes. Buses on line 19 will not run on Saturdays.
- The timetable for line 70 has been changed.
- There will be no service on the following lines: lines 32, 33 and the Shuttle Gare. In the area of Bonnevoie-Steekaul, line 32 is replaced by line 7 (see above).
Please note that buses on the City Night Bus network will run when restaurants and cafés are once again permitted to stay open past midnight.