#muerbelsmillen #3D Take a virtual tour of the Muerbelsmill...
We are issuing a call for applications to purchase the following two housing units (built as part of the "Baulücken" project) in Luxembourg City:
No. of bedrooms
+ cellar and parking space
37, fond St Martin / Weimerskirch
+ cellar and parking space
263, rue de Rollingergrund / Rollingergrund
Who can apply
Potential buyers must not own, or hold a usufructuary, superficies or emphyteutic right to another building, either in Luxembourg or abroad, at the time of submitting their application.
The City of Luxembourg reserves the right to allocate the apartments in question according to the applicant's/applicants' workplace and current residence.
1. Workplace (i)
In Luxembourg City for more than 10 years
|In Luxembourg City for more than 3 years||6 points|
2. Registered address (ii)
In Luxembourg City
Max. points: 11
(i) For couples: only one person has to meet this criterion.
(ii) Residing or having resided in Luxembourg City for at least 5 consecutive years, or has a parent or grand-parent who has been residing in Luxembourg City for at least 10 consecutive years.
Applicants will be ranked in descending order of the score obtained based on the allocation criteria listed in the grid above.
In the event of a tie, preference will be given to the applications with the lowest net disposable household income, weighted by the number of people in the household:
The apartments for sale were built as part of the "Baulücken" project, and have had at least one prior owner. They are being sold as is, with the fitted kitchen included in the price.
The land is being made available by the City as part of an emphyteutic lease that expires in 2108 (37, fond St Martin) and 2112 (263, rue de Rollingergrund) against payment of an annual fee.
Purchasers will have to pay an annual fee to the City for the leasehold. This fee is fixed at €27 (index: 100) for the apartment and €2.73 (index: 100) for the parking space in the shared garage. These amounts are increased to take account of the latest index, which currently results in a total of €259.82/year per apartment with parking space (based on the index of 872.80 points in 09/2019).
Right of first refusal
The City reserves a right of first refusal on housing units sold during the entire term of the emphyteutic lease.
Potential buyers must not own, or hold a usufructuary, superficies or emphyteutic right to another residential property, either in Luxembourg or abroad.
NB: They will not have the option to acquire full ownership of the apartment during the entire term of the emphyteutic lease.
If the City exercises its right of first refusal, the selling price will be calculated based on the price that was originally paid, plus the cost of any additional works to the property (based on supporting documents), adjusted for changes in the Statec construction index, minus the capital loss for depreciation (1% per year).
The holder of the emphyteutic right must live in the housing unit in question themself.
- Applicant's certificate of employment, issued within the last three months (by their employer)
- Co-applicant's certificate of employment, issued within the last three months (by their employer)
- Certificate attesting to the fact that the applicant is not a property owner, issued within the last three months (by the Land Registry and Topography Administration [Administration du Cadastre et de la Topographie])
- Certificate attesting to the fact that the co-applicant is not a property owner, issued within the last three months (by the Land Registry and Topography Administration)
- Handwritten sworn statement attesting that the applicant does not own or have usufructuary, superficies or emphyteutic rights on a residential property in a foreign country
- Handwritten sworn statement attesting that the co-applicant does not own or have usufructuary, superficies or emphyteutic rights on a residential property in a foreign country
- Applicant's payslips (for the months of August 2020, September 2020 and October 2020)
- Co-applicant's payslips (for the months of August 2020, September 2020 and October 2020)
- Agreement in principle for a bank loan (issued by the bank)
- Where applicable: divorce settlement / certificate or contract fixing the amount of maintenance payments (pensions alimentaires)
Applications that are incomplete, unsigned or not accompanied by all required supporting documents will not be considered.
Submitting the application
All applications, along with the supporting documents, must be submitted by 11 December 2020 to the following address:
Ville de Luxembourg
Services Biens communaux et aménagement foncier
3, rue du Laboratoire
For more information, please contact Jhängi Larosch (4796-4122), Joe Gloden (4796-2836) or Mathieu Herr (4796-2930).
Signing the deeds of sale with the purchaser(s)
After a decision by the College of Aldermen, the City signs the deeds of sale and transfer of leasehold on the land with the purchaser(s) before a notary.