The Luxembourg City Film Festival has started its hybrid edi...
The City is selling the following nine affordable, off-plan, leasehold housing units in Gasperich.
- Three studios with a floor area of 49.40 m², with a cellar, for €235,728.76 to €236,775.51;
- Three 1-bedroom apartments with a floor area ranging from 48.76 m² to 62.19 m², with a cellar, for €231,245.71 to €301,677.71;
- Two 2-bedroom apartments with a floor area ranging from 82.14 m² to 85.49 m², with a cellar, for €406,633.06 to €423,151.05; and
- One 3-bedroom apartment with a floor area of 103.01 m², with a cellar, for €515,354.64.
All prices include an indoor parking space and 17% VAT (super-reduced 3% rate possible, subject to acceptance by the Registration Authority (Administration de l'Enregistrement)).
The land is being provided by the City on a 99-year leasehold at an annual cost of €262.03 (based on an index value of 881.36 in February 2021).
The apartments are located in a modern building that boasts a contemporary architectural style with a flat roof, and comprises two private underground car parks with one space allocated to each unit, a ground floor with balconies and residential units with balconies on seven floors.
Address: Rue L. Hoffmann and Rue Evy Friedrich
This residence is ideally situated near local businesses, schools, sporting facilities, frequent public transport services, and easy access to the major motorways.
Who can apply
This call for applications is intended for persons who satisfy the eligibility criteria for purchase or construction subsidies in accordance with the Law of 25 February 1979 on housing aid (loi du 25 février 1979 concernant l’aide au logement).
Interested applicants may contact the Service Aides au logement (Housing Aid Department) to check whether they satisfy the eligibility criteria (tip sheet attached).
Potential buyers must not own, or hold a usufructuary, superficies or emphyteutic right to another residential property, either in Luxembourg or abroad.
Applicants will be ranked in descending order of the score obtained based on the award criteria listed in the grid below.
Place of work (i)
|a) VDL > 10 years||9|
|b) VDL > 3 years||6|
(size of accommodation based on composition of the household (ii))
Registered address (iii)
(i) For couples: only one person needs to satisfy the criterion in question.
(ii) "size of accommodation based on composition of the household" is understood to mean:
- one bedroom per person aged 12 or older, or per couple;
- one bedroom for two children under the age of 12.
(iii) Residing or having resided in Luxembourg City for at least five consecutive years, or having a parent or grandparent who has been residing in Luxembourg City for at least ten consecutive years.
In the event of a tie, preference will be given to the application with the lowest gross household income weighted by the number of people in the household:
first adult ---> weighting 1
additional adult ---> weighting 0.2
child ---> weighting 0.3
Documents to be enclosed with the purchase application
Applications are to be submitted using a purchase application form accompanied by the following documents:
- Applicant's certificate of employment, issued within the last three months (by their employer)
- Co-applicant's certificate of employment, issued within the last three months (by their employer)
- Certificate of receipt of family allowance benefits (allocations familiales) by the applicant, issued within the last three months (by the Caisse pour l'Avenir des Enfants (Children's Future Fund – CAE) /Zukunftskees))
- Certificate of receipt of family allowance benefits (allocations familiales) by the co-applicant, issued within the last three months (by the Caisse pour l'Avenir des Enfants (Children's Future Fund – CAE) /Zukunftskees))
- Certificate of creditworthiness or agreement in principle for a bank loan (issued by the bank)
- Certificate stating that the applicant does not own property, issued within the last three months (Administration des contributions – Luxembourg Inland Revenue)
- Certificate stating that the co-applicant does not own property, issued within the last three months (Administration des contributions – Luxembourg Inland Revenue)
- Certificate of receipt of a purchase or construction subsidy (Ministère du Logement – Ministry of Housing)
- Handwritten sworn statement attesting that the applicant does not own or have usufructuary, superficies or emphyteutic rights on a residential property in a foreign country
- Handwritten sworn statement attesting that the co-applicant does not own or have usufructuary, superficies or emphyteutic rights on a residential property in a foreign country
- Salary statement or tax return in the applicant's name
- Salary statement or tax return in the co-applicant's name
Applications must reach the Direction du Géomètre (Survey Directorate) by no later than 14 May 2021, in an envelope bearing the following reference (failing which the application will not be considered):
Demande d’acquisition d’un logement au projet "LIVINGSTONE III"
Ville de Luxembourg
3, rue du Laboratoire
Note: Applications that are incomplete, unsigned or not accompanied by all required supporting documents will not be considered.
Once the application deadline has passed, the municipal authorities will draw up a list of selected applicants.
For further information, please call 4796-4122 or 4796-2836.