The City of Luxembourg is currently carrying out upgrade works on Rue de Trèves and Rue Cents. These works are being done in cooperation with:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Department of Streets): Alteration of crossings to meet the needs of people with reduced mobility (PRM) and upgrading of bus stops.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Replacement of the water main and home connections.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Upgrade of the existing grid.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Partial replacement of the network.
- VDL – Service des Technologie de l'information et de la communication (ICT Department): Upgrade of the network.
- VDL – Service Circulation (Traffic Department): Upgrade of the existing network.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Electricité
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz
- Post Luxembourg
Commencement of works: spring 2021
Expected duration of the works: 350 working days
Planned completion: late 2023
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses. Two-way traffic will be maintained for as long as possible.
Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works. Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible.
For businesses and deliveries:
CREOS will ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
All stops will be served for as long as physically possible. If needed, certain stops may be moved.
Progress to date
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: summer of 2023
What work has already been completed?
The works on Rue de Cents have been completed. On Rue de Trèves, the contractor has completed work on the sewer lines, the installation of water and gas mains, and work on the dry utility networks.
What remains to be done?
On Rue de Trèves, the bus stops will be refurbished towards the end of January 2023. On Rue de Trèves, a new 30 km/hour zone will be put in place near the school towards the end of March 2023.
Weekly site meetings:
A meeting will be held on site every Wednesday at 10:15.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please contact the services below, which are open 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel.: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499-466-888
Contacts for this work site
|CREOS Luxembourg Gaz||Gilles Garganese||2624-5839|
|VDL – Construction email@example.com||4796-4343|