#merci #thankyou 👍 #giveaway 🎁 100.000 likes!! 🎉 Wow!! 🤩 ...
Free public transport
To celebrate the introduction of free public transport on 1 March 2020, the City will hold the "Stater Mobilitéitsdag" transport day. A wide range of events are planned across the city between 11:00 and 16:00.
With activities for children and families, concerts and a rich variety of food and drink on the menu, there will be something for everyone to enjoy!
There will be a pedestrian rally (though you can also use public transport get around!), with stops at various sites related to mass transit as well as other interesting places across the city:
Guided tours for max. 20 persons, departures every 20 minutes.
- AVL coordination centre - start
- Workshop of the Service Véhicles et maintenance (Vehicles and Maintenance Department)
- Tramsmusée (more information)
- Infobus: new information centre at the Cercle Cité
- Display of electric buses at Place d'Armes (AVL)
- City Shuttle at Place d'Armes (more information)
- Call-a-Bus / Rollibus at Place d'Armes
- Pfaffenthal elevator (more information)
- Shuttle: line 17 ("Bouillon Quai 1a" to "Monterey Quai 1")
- every 10 minutes between 10:03 and 18:30
- City Shopping Bus: with an additional stop at Place Guillaume II (more information)
- every 7.5 minutes between 10:00 and 18:30 ("Glacis" to Place Guillaume II)
Not only will you get an interesting look behind the scenes at these places, you can also win prizes by collecting stamps: the more stops you visit, the bigger your prize will be!
An assistant and an AVL staff member will be at each station if you have any questions.
Be prepared for a few surprises!
The animation is provided by Andy Pawlikowski (Facebook) (Eldoradio).
Official opening of the Infobus space (Service Autobus counters, which were formerly part of the Info-box).
Set off on this tour, which takes you around Luxembourg City by bus, train, tram, the City Shopping Bus and the Pfaffenthal-Kirchberg funicular, and admire the stunning views of the capital.
- Departure: Place d'Armes
- Duration: 2 hours
- 11:15 (LU/FR), 13:15 (LU/GB) and 15:15 (LU/FR)
- Free of charge
- Place d'Armes to Hamilius (on foot)
- Hamilius to Luxembourg Central Station (bus)
- Luxembourg Central Station to Pfaffenthal train station (train)
- Pfaffenthal train station to Kirchberg (funicular)
- Kirchberg to Glacis (tram)
- Glacis to Place Guillaume II (City Shopping Bus)
The tours are fully booked!
To mark this occasion, the Tramsmusée will be open on Sunday, 1 March 2020.