Ahoy, matey! The City's model sailboats will return to the P...
The City of Luxembourg will soon be carrying out upgrade works in Merl, on Rue des Ligures, Rue de la Barrière, Rue de Virton and Rue de St. Gengoul. These works are being carried out in cooperation with:
Service Canalisation (Sewer Department):
• Installation of combined water pipelines and a wastewater collection system in the Rue de la Barrière / Rue des Ligures / Rue des Celtes sector.
• Reconstruction of the local sewer lines on Rue de St. Gengoul and Rue de Virton.
• Installation of a rainwater line and wastewater line intended for special development plan zones located upstream of Rue de Merl.
• Temporary installation or deviation of the water, gas (high-, medium- and low-pressure) mains and various dry utility networks.
Service Voirie (Roads Department):
• Complete upgrade of the public road:
• Surfacing of pavements with asphalt mixes.
• Delineation of roadside parking bays using 20/10/8 Luxembourg sandstone-coloured paving stones.
• Surfacing of the traffic lane with asphalt mixes.
• Installation of pedestrian crossings for people with reduced mobility.
• Traffic calming: narrowing of roads with the installation of planter boxes
Service Ouvrages d'art (Civil Engineering Department): Demolition and full reconstruction of the M9 structure.
Service Eaux (Water Department): Replacement of the principal water mains and deteriorated connections to houses.
Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement of public lighting cabling and street lamps.
Service TIC (ITC Department): Extension and/or upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network. Extension of the Hotcity network.
Creos Luxembourg SA Electricité: Replacement of the low-voltage/medium-voltage grids, replacement of a number of connections to houses and installation of a backup conduit along the entire work site. Upgrade of the existing high-voltage grid.
Creos S.A. Gaz: Replacement of the mains and a number of connections to houses. Upgrade of the existing high-voltage grid.
Post Technologies & Eltrona: Replacement and upgrade of the sub-pavement network and of connections to houses along the entire work site.
Commencement of work: September 2019
Contractual deadline: 500 working days
End of work: 2021
- Pedestrian access to private properties maintained throughout
- Pedestrian passage on one side of the road maintained throughout
- Vehicular access for emergency services maintained throughout
- Vehicular access to private properties as long as physically possible
- Removal of parking spots as the work progresses
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service TIC
Micael Da Silva
VDL – Service Éclairage public
VDL - Service Voirie
|VDL – Service Canalisation||Gilles Biskup|| |
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité