#muerbelsmillen #3D Take a virtual tour of the Muerbelsmill...
The City of Luxembourg plans to carry out upgrade works on Rue Louvigny (between Rue Aldringen and Rue Philippe II). These works are being done in collaboration with:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): complete upgrade of the road superstructure.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): replacement of the principal water mains and deteriorated connections to houses.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): replacement of the wastewater and rainwater pipes.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): replacement of cables for public lighting systems and street lamps.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): extension and/or upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: replacement of the low-voltage/medium-voltage grids, replacement of a number of connections to houses and installation of a backup conduit along the entire work site.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: replacement of gas mains and certain connections to houses.
- Post Luxembourg and SFR: replacement and upgrade of the sub-pavement network and of connections to houses along the entire length of the work site.
Commencement of work: April 2020
Planned duration: 270 working days
Planned completion: July 2021
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
Rue Louvigny (between Rue Aldringen and Rue Philippe II) will be gradually closed to traffic as the work progresses. Vehicular access to private properties will be maintained as long as physically possible.
However, pedestrian access will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
As work progresses, there will be changes to the flow of traffic in this area. The City of Luxembourg thanks local residents, businesses and road users for their understanding and apologises in advance for any inconvenience caused.
Progress to date
Work recommenced in May 2020.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: summer 2021
What work has already been completed?
On-site inspections are in their final stages.
The rainwater pipe has been installed at the intersection with Rue Philippe II.
What remains to be done?
For the first phase of the works, the sewer pipe is currently being installed. Once complete, work will begin on the connections to buildings.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
The date will be publicised shortly.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers (Work Site Coordination Department)
VDL – Construction mediators