Ahoy, matey! The City's model sailboats will return to the P...
The City's Service Voirie (Roads Department) is currently improving infrastructure and redeveloping the urban space around the PAP Royal Hamilius – specifically on Grand-Rue, Rue Aldringen, Avenue Monterey, Rue Notre-Dame, and Place Um Piquet.
These works are being done in collaboration with:
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Replacement of the pipes on Rue Aldringen and Grand-Rue, and of the connections to houses.
- VDL – Service Espace public, fêtes et marchés (Department of Public Spaces, Festivals and Markets): Installation of several retractable electrical distribution cabinets.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the sewer lines in the upper section of Rue Aldringen.
- VDL – Service Eclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement of public lighting.
- VDL – Service Fibre optique et wifi (Fibre-Optics and Wifi Department): Extension of the grid.
- VDL – Service Energie (Energy Department): Installation of connections to district heating.
- Creos Électricité: Replacement of the low-voltage and medium-voltage grids, connections to houses, and construction of multi-cable electrical conduits on Rue Aldringen, Rue Monterey and Grand-Rue.
- Creos Gaz: Replacement of connections between houses and the grids on Rue Aldringen.
- Post Luxembourg: Replacement and enhancement of the grid.
Commencement of work: early October 2016
Planned duration: 33 months
Planned completion: summer 2019
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
Rue Aldringen is currently closed to traffic except for local residents and delivery drivers, who may use this street in one direction only. Rue des Bains also remains closed to traffic except for local residents and delivery drivers. Traffic lights have been installed to manage traffic. The part of Grand-Rue between Rue Aldringen and Boulevard Royal is currently closed to traffic. However, pedestrian access will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
The bus stops have been temporarily moved to Boulevard Royal, Avenue Monterey and Rue des Bains. For more detailed information, please contact the City's Service Autobus (Bus Department) at the information desk located at 20-22 Rue des Bains.
As construction progresses, the traffic constrictions will change.
Progress to date
Most of the road works to lay the granite paving slabs will be carried out by the end of July 2019. These works will be completed after the collective summer leave.
How long will the work take?
There are currently no indications that construction will overrun the expected schedule. Planned completion: summer 2019.
What work has already been completed?
The work on the areaways and the electric transformer has been completed, and all the utility mains have been laid. Paving at Place Um Piquet has also been completed.
What remains to be done?
Granite paving slabs are currently being laid on the even-numbered side of Rue Notre Dame, Grand-Rue and Rue Aldringen. The contractor will soon begin laying granite paving slabs on Avenue Monterey in the area where this street connects to Rue Aldringen.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes
- to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in site meetings. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
WEEKLY SITE MEETINGS
Every Monday at 9:00 at the site.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service Eclairage public
VDL – Service Fêtes et marchés
VDL – Service Fibre optique et wifi (Fibre-Optics and Wi-Fi Department)
Micael Da Silva
VDL – Service Energie
VDL – Construction mediators