#solidarity #shops A big THANK YOU to all the merchants who...
The City of Luxembourg is carrying out upgrade works on Avenue Monterey (between Rue Philippe II and Place d'Armes). These works are being done in collaboration with:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): complete upgrade of the road superstructure.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): replacement of the principal water mains and deteriorated connections to houses.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): replacement of cables for public lighting systems and street lamps.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): extension and/or upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: replacement of the low-voltage/medium-voltage grids, replacement of a number of connections to houses and installation of a backup conduit along the entire work site.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: replacement of gas mains and certain connections to houses.
- Post Luxembourg: replacement and upgrade of the sub-pavement network and of connections to houses along the entire length of the work site.
Commencement of work: February 2020
Planned duration: 120 working days
Planned completion: July 2020
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
Avenue Monterey (between Rue Philippe II and Place d'Armes) will be closed to traffic.
Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
Progress to date
The works are expected to last until the 2020 collective leave for the summer.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: summer 2020.
What work has already been completed?
The work site has been fenced off for the first phase.
What remains to be done?
The contractor is currently digging trenches on the odd-numbered side of Avenue Monterey between Rue Philippe II and Place d'Armes so that temporary water and gas mains can be installed.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel.: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
Every Monday at 10:00 at the site.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers (Work Site Coordination Department)
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service TIC
VDL – Service Circulation (Traffic Department)
VDL – Service Éclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Carlos Diogo Simoes
Creos Luxembourg Électricité
Bureau Technique (Technical Office)