Ahoy, matey! The City's model sailboats will return to the P...
Creos Gaz will soon be replacing and enhancing different networks on Rue Jean-François Boch and Rue Louis Deny in the Rollingergrund district. These will be followed by upgrade works on these roads. These works are being done in collaboration with:
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: replacement of low- and medium-pressure mains and certain home connections.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: replacement of the low/medium-voltage grids, replacement of a number of home connections and installation of backup conduits along the entire length of the site.
- Post Luxembourg: replacement and upgrade of the sub-pavement network and of home connections along the entire length of the work site.
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): complete upgrade of the public roads.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): replacement of the principal water mains and deteriorated home connections.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): installation of a new rainwater drain stretching 50 m, connecting Place de l'Etoile to Rue Jean-François Boch.
- VDL – Service Eclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement of cables for public lighting systems and street lamps.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): extension and upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network. Extension of the Hotcity network.
Commencement of work: late 2019
Planned duration: 400 working days
Planned completion: end of 2021
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses. During the construction work, Rue Jean-François Boch and Rue Louis Deny will be closed to traffic except for local residents and deliveries. Traffic will be two-way during the road works.
Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
Progress to date
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: end of 2021
What work has already been completed?
Preparatory work will begin in late 2019.
What remains to be done?
For the first phase, on Rue Henri Tudor, the contractor will install temporary water and gas mains and will then replace the principal mains. Once this has been done, the contractor will begin working on the dry utility networks, preparing the site for needs of the Service Éclairage Public, Creos Électricité, the Service TIC and the Post.
Your home utility connections
- During construction, as the work progresses, the representatives of the different departments and contractors will visit residents' homes.
- The condition of the existing connections will be assessed. Deteriorated connections will be replaced as part of the construction work.
- If you plan to move your current connections or request a new connection, please notify these representatives during their visits.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
The date will be published shortly.
Contacts for this work site
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité
VDL – Service TIC
VDL - Service Eaux
VDL – Service Circulation
VDL – Service Eclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators