The Lëtzebuerg City Museum needs your help to create a recor...
Creos Gaz is replacing and enhancing different networks on Rue Jean-François Boch and Rue Louis Deny in the Rollingergrund district. These will be followed by upgrade works on these roads. These works are being done in collaboration with:
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: replacement of low- and medium-pressure mains and certain connections to houses.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: replacement of the low/medium-voltage grids, replacement of a number of connections to houses and installation of backup conduits along the entire length of the site.
- Post Luxembourg: replacement and upgrade of the sub-pavement network and of connections to houses along the entire length of the work site.
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): complete upgrade of the public roads.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): replacement of the principal water mains and deteriorated connections to houses.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): installation of a new rainwater drain stretching 50 m, connecting Place de l'Etoile to Rue Jean-François Boch.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): replacement of cables for public lighting systems and street lamps.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): extension and upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network. Extension of the Hotcity network.
Commencement of work: January 2020
Planned duration: 400 working days
Planned completion: early 2022
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses. Throughout the duration of the works, Rue Jean-François Boch and Rue Louis Deny will be closed to traffic except for local residents and deliveries. Traffic will be two-way during the works.
Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
Progress to date
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: early 2022
What work has already been completed?
Preparatory work began in January 2020.
What remains to be done?
For the first phase on Rue Jean-François Boch between Rue Henri Tudor and Rue Louis Deny, as well as on Rue Louis Deny, the contractor will lay temporary water and gas mains, and then replace the principal ones. Once this has been done, the contractor will begin working on the dry utility networks, preparing the site for needs of the Service Éclairage Public, Creos Électricité, the Service TIC and Post Luxembourg. The final phase of the project will involve upgrading public spaces. These works will be repeated during each phase of the project.
Your home utility connections
- As the work progresses, the representatives of the different departments and contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections. Deteriorated connections will be replaced as part of the work.
- If you plan to move your current connections or request a new connection, please notify these representatives during their visits.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel.: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
The site meeting will take place on Tuesdays at 10:00.
Contacts for this work site
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité
VDL – Service TIC
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service Circulation
VDL – Service Éclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators