Something for the kids ;-) This Saturday at the Cité Biblio...
The City is carrying out redevelopment work along Montée Thommes in Rollingergrund. These works are being done in cooperation with:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): Redevelopment of the Montée Thommes road superstructure. Redevelopment of the street and pavement.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Complete replacement of the principal water mains and replacement of home utility connections that have deteriorated.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the combined wastewater drains between numbers 14A and 22, as well as the connections to those houses.
- VDL – Service Eclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Renewal and enhancement of the public lighting system, and replacement of street lamps.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): Renewal and expansion of the fibre-optic network with Hotcity.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: Replacement and enhancement of the low-voltage (220V) grid, which is insufficient by its current design, and the condition of which has deteriorated. Replacement of home utility connections. Repairs to the public lighting and Hotcity connections.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: Complete replacement of the principal gas main and replacement of home utility connections that have deteriorated.
- Post Luxembourg: Replacement of old cables with high-speed fibre-optics and replacement of home utility connections.
Commencement of work: September 2018
Planned duration: 220 working days
Planned completion: summer 2019
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
Montée Thommes will be closed to traffic and the affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses.
Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
As construction progresses, the traffic constrictions will change.
Progress to date
Work will begin in September 2018.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: summer 2019
What work has already been completed?
Work will begin shortly.
What remains to be done?
Around September, the contractor will begin certain preparatory work, and then will start by laying water and gas mains, and dry utility networks.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, Luxembourg City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' home to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the Luxembourg City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water, or communications networks, please contact the departments below, which are open 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in site meetings. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
The dates and times of these meetings will be provided shortly.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service TIC
VDL - Service Circulation
Josh den Hollander
VDL – Service Éclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité
Bureau Technique (Technical Office)