The Luxembourg City Film Festival has started its hybrid edi...
The City of Luxembourg is currently working on the sewers on Rue de Neudorf. These works are being done in cooperation with:
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): replacement of the drains, construction of shaft pits and sewer clean-outs.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): rerouting and reconnection of the water conduits in the shaft pits.
- Post Luxembourg: rerouting and reconnection of the networks in the shaft pits.
- Creos Électricité: rerouting and reconnection of the electrical cables in the shaft pits.
- Creos Gaz: rerouting and reconnection of the gas mains in the shaft pits.
- Ponts & Chaussées (National Roads Administration): redevelopment of the road superstructure over the entire construction site.
Commencement of work: January 2016
Planned duration: 685 working days
Planned completion: May 2021
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The City of Luxembourg will ensure that at least one lane of traffic is maintained in each direction throughout the works. As there are traffic lights at several points, the journey time along this stretch will likely increase.
For businesses and deliveries:
Access to private property, as well as to local businesses and homes, will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works. City workers will also regulate pedestrian traffic and deliveries throughout the works.
For public transport users:
No changes. Routes will remain unaffected.
As construction progresses, the traffic constrictions will change.
Progress to date
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: May 2021
What work has already been completed?
Pipe-jacking work was completed in December 2018. In addition, a DN 400 pipe for waste water has been installed in the DN 1800 jacking pipe; pits Pi2, Pi3, Pi3bis and Pi4 have been dismantled; clean-outs in pits Pi2, Pi3, Pi4 and Pi5 have been built; work package 2 has been connected to work package 1; the networks rerouted along pits Pi2 and Pi3 have been repositioned; the cutting-off of piles in pits Pi4 and Pi5 has been done; installation of a water retention basin in pit Pi3bis; the drains are now fully operational.
What remains to be done?
The repositioning of networks rerouted along pit Pi5 at the intersection of Rue de Neudorf and Rue du Kiem.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the Luxembourg City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water, or communications networks, please contact the departments below, which are open 24/7:
Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in site meetings. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
WEEKLY SITE MEETINGS
Every Tuesday at 9:30 at the site.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL - Service Circulation
Josh Den Hollander