Ahoy, matey! The City's model sailboats will return to the P...
The City is currently working on the sewers on Rue de Neudorf. These works are being done in cooperation with:
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the drains, construction of shaft pits and sewer clean-outs.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Rerouting and reconnection of the water conduits in the shaft pits.
- Post Luxembourg: Rerouting and reconnection of the networks in the shaft pits.
- Creos Électricité: Rerouting and reconnection of the electrical cables in the shaft pits.
- Creos Gaz: Rerouting and reconnection of the gas mains in the shaft pits.
- Ponts & Chaussées (National Roads Administration): Redevelopment of the superstructure over the entire construction site.
Commencement of work: January 2016
Planned duration: 685 working days
Planned completion: summer 2019.
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The City of Luxembourg will ensure that at least one lane of traffic is maintained in each direction throughout the works. As there are traffic lights at several points, the journey time along this stretch will likely increase.
For businesses and deliveries:
Access to private property, as well as to shops and homes, will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works. City workers will also regulate pedestrian traffic and deliveries throughout the works.
For public transport users:
No changes. Routes will remain unaffected.
As construction progresses, the traffic constrictions will change.
Progress to date
The 2017 collective leave for the summer has ended and work resumed on 21 August 2017.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: summer 2019.
What work has already been completed?
The drilling between pits 1 and 2, pits 2 and 3, and pits 3 and 3bis has been completed.
What remains to be done?
The work to complete drilling between pits 3bis and 4 is in progress. The expected completion date for this work is August 2018. The drilling between pits 4 and 5 will be carried out between the end of August and the end of December 2018. An open trench will then be dug during the summer of 2019 to connect the new sewer lines to the existing ones between pit 5 and Rue du Kiem. As the drilling advances, the contractor will also dismantle the shaft pits, build the clean-outs in the pits, reconnect the networks that were rerouted, and repave the surface. This work will be completed around the end of 2019.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, Luxembourg City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the Luxembourg City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water, or communications networks, please contact the departments below, which are open 24/7:
Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in site meetings. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
WEEKLY SITE MEETINGS
Every Tuesday at 9:30 at the site.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Service Circulation
Josh Den Hollander