#freetransport #luxembourgcityThe City offers free transpor...
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): Upgrade of the entire infrastructure of Rue Léandre Lacroix.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the wastewater and rainwater drains, as well as of connections to houses.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Complete replacement of the water main between Rue Frantz Clément and Avenue Pasteur. Replacement of deteriorated home connections.
- VDL – Service Eclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Renewal and enhancement of the public lighting system, and replacement of street lamps. Installation of special lighting at pedestrian crossings to increase pedestrian visibility.
- Creos Électricité: Replacement and upgrade of the low-voltage (220V) grid, which is insufficient in its current design and generally in a state of deterioration Replacement of home utility connections.
Repairs to the public lighting and Hotcity connections.
- Creos Gaz: Complete replacement of the gas main between Rue Frantz Clément and Avenue Pasteur. Replacement of deteriorated home connections.
- POST Technologies – telecommunications networks: Post Luxembourg: Replacement of old cables with high-speed fibre-optics and replacement of home utility connections.
Planned commencement: late June 2019
Planned duration: 16 months
Planned completion: winter 2020
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
Throughout the works, Rue Léandre Lacroix will be closed to all traffic except local residents and suppliers. Vehicular access to private properties will be maintained as long as physically possible. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
As construction progresses, the traffic constrictions will change. The City of Luxembourg thanks local residents, businesses and road users for their understanding and apologises in advance for any inconvenience caused.
Progress to date
Work will begin towards the end of June 2019.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: end of 2020
What work has already been completed?
Work will begin shortly. Initial activities will involve setting up the work site.
What remains to be done?
The work will be carried out in 10 phases. The first phase will begin at the intersection of Avenue de la Faïencerie and Rue Léandre Lacroix. The contractor will lay the temporary water and gas mains and then replace the old mains and home connections.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes
- to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water, or communications networks, please contact the departments below, which are open 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel: 499 466 88
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in site meetings. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
The date will be published shortly.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service Eclairage public
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité
Bureau Technique (Technical Office)