The Luxembourg City Film Festival has started its hybrid edi...
The City of Luxembourg is carrying out redevelopment work in Hollerich on Rue de Nassau, Rue Emile Lavandier, Rue des Girondins, Rue Jean Jaurès, Place de Nancy and Rue Antoine Meyer.These works are being done in collaboration with:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): Only construction of pedestrian walkways
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the combined wastewater drains between Rue Demy Schlechter and Rue Adolphe Omlor, as well as between Rue Xavier de Feller and Rue Demy Schlechter.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Complete replacement of the principal gas main and replacement of home utility connections that have deteriorated.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement and upgrade of the public lighting system, and replacement of street lamps. Installation of special lighting at pedestrian crossings to increase pedestrian visibility.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): Extension and upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network. Extension of the Hotcity network.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: Replacement and upgrade of the low-voltage (220V) grid, which is insufficient in its current design and generally in a state of deterioration. Replacement of home utility connections. Repairs to the public lighting and Hotcity connections.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: Replacement of mains and certain connections to houses.
Commencement of work: September 2021
Expected duration of the works: 22 months
Planned completion: April 2023
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
Rue de Nassau (last phase of the works) will be closed to traffic. Local residents will still be allowed access. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works. Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
As construction progresses, the traffic constrictions will change.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes
- To assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please contact the services below, which are open 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel.: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, these meetings may only include a limited number of participants and only take place if all other avenues for resolving a situation have been exhausted.
Nevertheless, such meetings may be organised if needed. Alternatively, a site meeting with the works coordinator and other project partners can be organised upon request. Please get in touch with us if you wish to meet with our project supervisors.
Weekly site meetings
Site meetings take place on Tuesdays at 10:00
An information session for local residents was held on 22 September 2021. The digital presentation shared at this session is available below.
Contacts for this work site
|Creos -Project Management||Marco Ferreira||2624-5780|
|VDL – Construction firstname.lastname@example.org||4796-4343|