#statermobilitéitsdag #freepublictransport1 year ago today!H...
The City is carrying out infrastructure work on Rue Christophe Plantin, Rue François Hogenberg and Rue Père Raphaël. These works are being done in cooperation with:
- Service Voirie (Roads Department): Installation of pedestrian crossings for people with reduced mobility. Paving repairs.
- Service Energie (Energy Department): Extension of the district heating network.
- Service Eaux (Water Department): Replacement of the principal main on Rue Père Raphaël and replacement of deteriorated connections to houses.
- Service Eclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement and upgrade of special lighting at pedestrian crossings to increase pedestrian visibility.
- Service TIC (ITC Department) (Fibre optics): Completion of the fibre-optic network Master Plan and extension of the Hotcity network.
- Creos Électricité: Replacement and upgrade of the low-voltage (220V) grid, which is insufficient in its current design and generally in a state of deterioration Replacement of non-compliant or deteriorated home connections. Repairs to the public lighting and Hotcity connections.
- Creos Gaz: Complete replacement of the principal main and replacement of deteriorated connections to houses.
- POST Technologies: Replacement and upgrade of home networks that have deteriorated. Replacement of old cables with very high-speed fibre-optic cables.
Commencement of work: December 2018
Planned duration: 19 months
Planned completion: summer 2020
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
Rue François Hogenberg and Rue Christophe Plantin are currently open to one-way traffic. A 3.5-metre wide passage will remain open to vehicles at all times for local residents and the emergency services. Vehicular access to private properties will be maintained as long as physically possible.
Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
For information about public transport along the streets affected by these works, please call 4796-2975.
As construction progresses, the traffic constrictions will change.
Progress to date
Works began in December 2018.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: summer 2020.
What work has already been completed?
Part of the gas main has been installed on Rue François Hogenberg, between nos. 5 and 22.
What remains to be done?
Starting at 7 Rue Christophe Plantin, the contractor is currently preparing the trench for the temporary gas main. They are also preparing the trench for the water main at the intersection of Rue Christophe Plantin and Rue François Hogenberg. Around late February, the contractor will begin work on the district heating and gas at the intersection of Rue Christophe Plantin and Rue François Hogenberg leading toward Route d'Esch.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, Luxembourg City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes
- to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the Luxembourg City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you have any problems with your gas, water, or communications networks, please contact the departments below, which are open 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in site meetings. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
Every Tuesday at 10:30.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service TIC
Michael Da Silva
VDL - Service Circulation
VDL – Service Eclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité