#freetransport #luxembourgcityThe City offers free transpor...
The City of Luxembourg is carry out roadworks in Cessange: Rue des Artisans, Bei der Härewiss, Rue de Bouillon, Rue de Cessange. These works are being done in collaboration with:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): Redevelopment of the road superstructure on Rue des Artisans, including parking bays, tree pits and pedestrian crossings. Upgrade of a bus stop on Rue de Cessange.
- VDL – Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): Replacement of the wastewater drain and the connections to houses on Rue des Artisans.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Replacement of the principal water main. Connection of houses to the new mains. Installation of a DN200 pipe (future connection for north-south water supply), including drilling/digging under the railroad tracks (CFL lines 5 and 7).
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement of cables for public lighting systems and street lamps on Rue des Artisans. Installation of special lighting at pedestrian crossings to increase pedestrian visibility.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: Replacement of the low-voltage (220V) grid on Rue des Artisans and Bei der Härewiss, due to its deteriorated state. Upgrade of deteriorated or outdated private connections. Installation of a medium-voltage multi-cable electrical conduit, including drilling/digging under the railroad tracks (CFL lines 5 and 7).
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: Replacement of the main low-pressure line and deteriorated connections to houses with valves under the pavement and "Gas-STOP" safety valves. Installation of a new medium-pressure conduit between Rue des Artisans and Rue de Bouillon, including drilling/digging under the railroad tracks (CFL lines 5 and 7).
Commencement of work: late January 2020
Planned duration: 2 years
Planned completion: early 2022
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works. Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible. Removal of certain parking spots as the work progresses.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
As work progresses, there will be changes to the flow of traffic in this area.
Progress to date
Work recommenced on 20 April 2020.
How long will the work take?
The work is expected to be completed by early 2022.
What work has already been completed?
Temporary water and gas mains have been installed on Rue de Bouillon.
What remains to be done?
The contractor has to install two water conduits as well as temporary water and gas mains on Bei der Härewiss.
In mid-June, the contractor will perform pipe-jacking work on Bei der Härewiss. This work will last until the 2020 collective summer leave.
After the collective summer leave, Creos Electricité's multi-cable electrical conduit will be installed, and new water and gas mains will be installed on Bei der Härewiss. Works on Rue des Artisans will begin in 2021.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
The date of the meeting will be publicised shortly.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers (Work Site Coordination Department)
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service Éclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité