#statermobilitéitsdag #freepublictransport1 year ago today!H...
The City of Luxembourg is carrying out road improvement works in Cents on Boulevard Jules Salentiny and Rue Henri Frommes. These works are being done in cooperation with:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): Complete redevelopment of Boulevard Jules Salentiny and Rue Henri Frommes. Installation of pedestrian crossings for people with reduced mobility.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): Complete replacement of the principal water mains and replacement of home utility connections.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): Replacement of public lighting installations and street lamps.
- VDL – Service TIC (ICT Department – network and communications): Extension and upgrade of Luxembourg City's fibre-optic network. Extension of the Hotcity network.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: Replacement of the low-voltage/medium-voltage grids, replacement of a number of connections to houses and installation of a backup conduit along the entire work site.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: Replacement of mains and certain connections to houses. Upgrade of the existing medium-pressure (MP) network.
- Post Luxembourg & Eltrona: Replacement and upgrade of the sub-pavement network and of connections to houses along the entire length of the work site.
Commencement of works: June 2019
Planned duration: 280 working days
Planned completion: end of 2020
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic, one by one, as the project progresses. However, 3.5-metre-wide passages will remain accessible to motorists at all times.
Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
Progress to date
Work recommenced on 20 April 2020.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: end of 2020
What work has already been completed?
For the first section (Boulevard Jules Salentiny), new water and gas mains have been installed.
What remains to be done?
Works on the dry utility networks and road superstructure are underway on the first section.
New water and gas mains are also being installed on the second section. Once complete, work on the road superstructure will begin.
On the third and fourth sections, the contractor has to perform works for new water and gas mains, the dry utility networks and road superstructure.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel.: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel.: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel.: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel.: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel.: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings:
The date of the meeting will be publicised shortly.
Contacts for this work site
VDL – Service Coordination des chantiers (Work Site Coordination Department)
VDL – Service Eaux
VDL – Service TIC
VDL – Service Circulation (Traffic Department)
VDL – Service Éclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
Creos Luxembourg Électricité
Bureau Technique (Technical Office)