Ahoy, matey! The City's model sailboats will return to the P...
Creos Gaz, in cooperation with the City of Luxembourg, is currently improving infrastructure in Bonnevoie. Work will be carried out on the following roads: Rue Marguerite-Seraphine Beving, Rue Xavier de Feller, Rue Jean-Baptiste Gellé, Rue Henri Vannerus, and Rue Pierre Krier. The following departments will be involved in this collaborative effort:
- VDL – Service Voirie (Roads Department): alteration of crossings to meet the needs of people with reduced mobility (PRM) and upgrading of bus stops.
- VDL – Service Eaux (Water Department): replacement of the principal water mains and replacement of home utility connections.
- Service Canalisation (Sewer Department): replacement of the wastewater and rainwater drains, and of connections to houses.
- VDL – Service Éclairage public (Public Lighting Department): replacement of public lighting.
- VDL – Service Circulation (Traffic Department): extension and upgrade of the existing network.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Gaz: replacement of gas mains and certain home connections.
- Creos Luxembourg SA Électricité: Replacement of the electrical cables in the pavement as well as certain connections to houses.
Commencement of work: September 2019
Planned duration: 350 working days
Planned completion: April 2021
What is the current traffic situation?
For vehicular traffic:
The affected sections will be closed off to traffic as the project progresses. At all times, a 3.5-metre passage will remain open to cars.
Since the beginning of these roadworks, Rue Béving and Rue Vannérus have been closed to all traffic except local residents and suppliers. As of 9 November 2019, Rue Pierre Krier will also be closed to traffic on the section between Rue de Carignan and Rue Gellé for a minimum period of 2 weeks.
Vehicular access to private property will be maintained as long as physically possible. Pedestrian access and access for emergency services will be guaranteed throughout the duration of the works.
For businesses and deliveries:
The City of Luxembourg will try to ensure access for deliveries to local businesses throughout the duration of the works.
For public transport users:
The bus stop on Rue Pierre Krier will be temporarily moved while work is being carried out on the pavement and sewers.
Progress to date
Work began in September 2019.
How long will the work take?
Planned completion: April 2021
What work has already been completed?
The contractor is currently finishing up the installation of temporary gas lines on Rue Henri Vannerus and Rue Marguerite-Seraphine Beving.
What remains to be done?
The installation of temporary water and gas lines on Rue Xavier de Feller. This will be carried out until the collective winter leave.
Your home utility connections
- As part of the construction project, City representatives and private contractors will visit residents' homes
- to assess the condition of their existing connections.
- If you wish to have your existing connections replaced, please inform the City representatives during this on-site inspection.
If you experience any problems with your gas, water or communications networks, please call the numbers below, which are available 24/7:
- Service Eaux – Tel: 4796-2883
- Creos Électricité – Tel: 8002-9900
- Creos Gaz – Tel: 8007-3001
- Post Luxembourg – Tel: 8002-8004
- Eltrona – Tel: 499 466 888
To make life easier for residents while these works are being carried out, the City of Luxembourg has implemented a series of measures, including the option to participate in meetings regarding the progress of the work. Residents affected by the works may participate in these meetings to obtain additional information about the project's progress and present any complaints they may have.
Weekly site meetings
To be determined. The date will be published shortly.
Contacts for this work site
Creos Luxembourg Gaz
VDL - Service Eaux
VDL – Service Circulation
VDL – Service Éclairage public
VDL – Service Voirie
VDL – Service Canalisation
VDL – Construction mediators
Creos Luxembourg Électricité
Bureau Technique (Technical Office)