#muerbelsmillen #3D Take a virtual tour of the Muerbelsmill...
The main advantages of this neighbourhood are
- its public green spaces along the Alzette; and
- its proximity to the infrastructure of the Hamm neighbourhood: Hamm Hospice, Hamm Industrial Park, Mac Adam Business Park and St. George’s International School.
Pulvermühl has a surface area of 24.82 hectares and is in the east of the capital. It borders
- Cents to the north;
- Hamm and Bonnevoie Sud to the east; and
- Bonnevoie Nord/Verlorenkost and the Grund to the west.
The Alzette forms the western boundary of the neighbourhood.
Number of residents
- 391 as of 31/12/2018
- Demographic weight: 0.31% of the population of Luxembourg City
- 2012: 388
- 2013: 334
- 2014: 333
- 2015: 347
- 2016: 344
- 2017: 361
- 2018: 391
Culture, sports and leisure
- 1 playground
- 2 bus stops
- Bus lines serving the area: 7, 29
- 1 above-ground car park
- 1 parking space for people with reduced mobility
Pulvermühl belonged to the former municipality of Hamm, but merged with Luxembourg City in 1920 along with other surrounding municipalities.
It is located at the intersection of the old route between Hamm and Luxembourg, and the road from Luxembourg to Remich. The Pulvermühl mill is first mentioned in records from the 18thcentury. It was transformed a century later into a cotton mill, and then into a drapery. Since 1948, an international company producing lifting and hauling equipment, as well as a dry cleaner's, have operated in the buildings of the old factory.