#freetransport #luxembourgcityThe City offers free transpor...
Schools, foyers scolaires and crèches
Luxembourg City's schools and foyers scolaires will remain closed from 8 February to 19 February 2021 (inclusive). The municipal crèches will remain open.
The Service Crèches (Crèche Department) reopened to the public on 25 May 2020.
Telephone-based psychological support
Families with children enrolled in municipal foyers scolaires and crèches can request telephone-based counselling with a psychologist from our psychological support team.
To arrange a conversation via telephone, please call 4796-3069 (Monday to Friday, 9:00–11:00).
Please note that this is simply a form of support and does not constitute therapy.
Advice for parents
- Create a daily routine and draw up a weekly agenda (set hours for home schooling, games and fun activities).
- Set realistic objectives without putting added pressure on yourself.
- Where possible, set up a quiet work area (ideally, a room where there is no distraction from a television/radio).
- If you are working from home, set fixed hours when you are unavailable.
- Limit screen time (smartphone, tablet, video games, etc.).
- Set rules for the entire family and get the children involved in daily chores (preparing meals, clearing the table, laundry, cleaning, etc.).
- Take breaks and do an activity (play with your children, do some exercise, go out for a walk, etc.).